Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

If both our countries just required a simple PCR test before travelling then at least that would give people the choice. Really hope the borders open soon 🤞🏼
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Hope so! We have a trip to Los Angeles and Vegas booked for end of March x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
If both our countries just required a simple PCR test before travelling then at least that would give people the choice. Really hope the borders open soon 🤞🏼
The problem I have with this is the people that jolly up to the airport with no symptoms, and then test positive... what happens then ?
Old 25 Nov 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Hope Biden doesn't spoil the party by closing again, surely not if vaccines are being rolled out by then 🤞

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
The problem I have with this is the people that jolly up to the airport with no symptoms, and then test positive... what happens then ?
They can't because you would have to get your results back before you board. Dubai is doing this and you have a validity period of 96 hours prior to travel. Seems to be working well so far.
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

They can't because you would have to get your results back before you board. Dubai is doing this and you have a validity period of 96 hours prior to travel. Seems to be working well so far.
I accept what you're saying, and for the negative people it's all good. I was thinking about being the person that tests positive, moreso than about when and where the test is done.
Even if I don't lose money it's still going to be a massive kick in the whatnots if my holiday goes down the drain a couple of days before it's due to start. Then what about others in the party that test negative, can they cancel and not lose money... and how much is that insurance going to cost ?

I think the idea of having mandated vaccine prior to travel is much more feasible, because it avoids last minute hiccups. It's a bit like ESTA's, you have to get one before you go, but you can schedule sorting it out when it suits you.
Old 25 Nov 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I accept what you're saying, and for the negative people it's all good. I was thinking about being the person that tests positive, moreso than about when and where the test is done.
Even if I don't lose money it's still going to be a massive kick in the whatnots if my holiday goes down the drain a couple of days before it's due to start. Then what about others in the party that test negative, can they cancel and not lose money... and how much is that insurance going to cost ?

I think the idea of having mandated vaccine prior to travel is much more feasible, because it avoids last minute hiccups. It's a bit like ESTA's, you have to get one before you go, but you can schedule sorting it out when it suits you.
That’s the risk you take I guess. The vaccine is going to be the answer but in the interim the PCR test is the only way I can see things working.
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

What they haven't mentioned is whether there will be a quarantine period. But good news for those that would rather do a 2 week isolation in the US, rather than another country on route, if that's the case.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
What they haven't mentioned is whether there will be a quarantine period. But good news for those that would rather do a 2 week isolation in the US, rather than another country on route, if that's the case.
I would of thought at departure you would have a covid test?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

That’s the risk you take I guess. The vaccine is going to be the answer but in the interim the PCR test is the only way I can see things working.
I think at the moment it's going to be have a covid test or you won't be boarding the plane. That seems to be slowly rolling out.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List