Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 13, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sting
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Kindle question

My DW got a Kindle for Xmas I have owned one for a while. She wants to read some of the books I have on mine is there any way to share these or does she need to buy them as well? I know I could give her my kindle to read on but I am too busy with it
Sting is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Sharing would breach copyright so no she has to download them to her account - if there is a work around then it is illegal (and as everything in life there will be one) but it shouldnt be posted on here
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sting
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Sharing would breach copyright so no she has to download them to her account - if there is a work around then it is illegal (and as everything in life there will be one) but it shouldnt be posted on here
Ok thanks I am not interested in a work around will just have to swap kindles
Sting is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Do you have an iphone or and ipad? You can download the free kindle app and link your kindles to them so could read on that. I know that defeats the purpose of a second kindle but may be an option for you.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

If you register your wife's Kindle to your Kindle account, then she will be able to download any of your books. This does't work for subscriptions.
Old 11 Jan 13, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

As above you would both need to be registered to the same kindle account for her to have access to your books! You can register up to 6 devices to the same account! I share an account with my sister and friend as we all have the same taste in books so it works well for us!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sting
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Vron View Post
As above you would both need to be registered to the same kindle account for her to have access to your books! You can register up to 6 devices to the same account! I share an account with my sister and friend as we all have the same taste in books so it works well for us!
Thanks this is a good idea it is currently logged to her own account but she has not bought anything yet is it possible to change? I have just looked on Amazon and it is not clear
Old 11 Jan 13, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was sure I'd read somewhere that you could 'loan' a kindle book to someone, so I had a look on the Amazon website.

amazon/gp/help/custom...deId=200549320

You can loan a book for up to two weeks. I haven't read the ins and outs of it but it's certainly not illegal if the makers say you can.
Old 11 Jan 13, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tweety-pie View Post
IYou can loan a book for up to two weeks. I haven't read the ins and outs of it but it's certainly not illegal if the makers say you can.
A friend of mine is an author (Paul Burston) HE owns the copyright to his works (not Kindle or any other platform) and it is up to him whether to allow sharing (which in line with others he doesnt) or not. It is him that is telling me how sharing may be doable, in most cases is illegal, and why many small authors are now unable to write and publish enough to make a living. Maybe a moral dilema
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 13, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm pretty sure the lending facility is only available in the US!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread