Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile Avios Question

I’m new to collecting avios points and curious how many I would need to upgrade to premium one way from London to Orlando? Also any tips/advice on collecting would be helpful!

Thanks!
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazfuk
I want to go now!

All depends on travel dates as they have off peak and peak dates. Off peak you need around 32,000 points plus taxes peak times 50,000 points plus taxes these are premium economy seats. Club you require more. If you go on the BA site under the avios section you can put the dates in and it will tell you
Bazfuk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lau-nicole View Post
I’m new to collecting avios points and curious how many I would need to upgrade to premium one way from London to Orlando? Also any tips/advice on collecting would be helpful!

Thanks!
Bear in mind that Avios upgrades from World Traveller (WT) to World TravellerPlus (WTP) are based on higher fares booked originally. You can't upgrade using the very lowest fares.

One way to Orlando (based on mileage bands 4001-5500 WT to WTP)
Off Peak 16250
Peak 25000 plus any applicable extra taxes.

Peak and off peak dates vary year by year so it is always worth checking ba.com for the time period you wish to travel. Avios availability generally released at 355 days out.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Just to add that BA does not guarantee the availability of Avios redemption seats / upgrades (they both come from the same pool of availability) in WTP.

The minimum guarantee is 2 seats in Club and 4 seats in economy on every flight, though of course availability is released in WTP on many flights, either at initial sales opening or at some later point.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

The Head for Points site & BA section of the Flyertalk site are great places to read up on earning & redeeming Avios.
Some ways in which to earn Avios are:
Flights
BA Holidays
Hotel stays
Car rental
BA e-store
Topcashback
Tesco Clubcard
E-reward surveys
Shopping at the likes of Bicester outlets
Credit cards (BA Amex also allows you to earn 2-4-1 vouchers for BA reward flights)
HfP site often send out details of other ways in which to earn AVios, eg, take out this insurance, sign up for this magazine, buy these gift cards, buy this wine etc.

Edited at 07:09 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
The Head for Points site & BA section of the Flyertalk site are great places to read up on earning & redeeming Avios.
Some ways in which to earn Avios are:
Flights
BA Holidays
Hotel stays
Car rental
BA e-store
Topcashback
Tesco Clubcard
E-surveys
Shopping at the likes of Bicester outlets
Credit cards (BA Amex also allows you to earn 2-4-1 vouchers for BA reward flights)
HfP site often send out details of other ways in which to earn AVios, eg, take out this insurance, sign up for this magazine, buy these gift cards, buy this wine etc.
Thanks, I have a BA Amex, I’ll take a look at those sites.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lau-nicole View Post
Thanks, I have a BA Amex, I’ll take a look at those sites.
Few other quick things

If you have a husband/wife/BF/gf/really good friend... invite them via Amex and join the Premium for £195. It's worth it. The 2 for 1 lasts 2 years (try getting reward flights to USA in popular times normally with a 1 year voucher) and you get a lot of bonus points, plus 1.5 points per £, which is a big boost.

Also, as I think others have mentioned, you are better booking it at Premium rate as a reward seat, preferably using the 2 for 1 than using Avios to upgrade.

Another tip is to use shopping.ba/ referral links to really boost your points. I got over a 1600 points for buying 3 pairs of jeans from GAP (which I'd have bought anyway)
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bal View Post
Few other quick things

If you have a husband/wife/BF/gf/really good friend... invite them via Amex and join the Premium for £195. It's worth it. The 2 for 1 lasts 2 years (try getting reward flights to USA in popular times normally with a 1 year voucher) and you get a lot of bonus points, plus 1.5 points per £, which is a big boost.

Also, as I think others have mentioned, you are better booking it at Premium rate as a reward seat, preferably using the 2 for 1 than using Avios to upgrade.

Another tip is to use shopping.ba/ referral links to really boost your points. I got over a 1600 points for buying 3 pairs of jeans from GAP (which I'd have bought anyway)
Loving the Waitrose, M & S and Tesco promo at the moment too!
Anything bought at any of those (online or in store including petrol) with my BA Amex mid June-mid Sept; as well as earning the usual 1.5 avios per £ is also earning a bonus of 2 avios per £ on top.
Guess where all our shopping & petrol is being bought for 3 months; racking up the avios!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never used my avios points to upgrade a flight, that doesn’t appear easy to me, although I have never seriously looked into it.

I use Avios points to book flights outright, normally getting the second flight with a companion voucher. With the use of BA amex, Tesco points, shopping gateway, we get at least one pair of club or first class tickets each year and sometimes two.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Loving the Waitrose, M & S and Tesco promo at the moment too!
Anything bought at any of those (online or in store including petrol) with my BA Amex mid June-mid Sept; as well as earning the usual 1.5 avios per £ is also earning a bonus of 2 avios per £ on top.
Guess where all our shopping & petrol is being bought for 3 months; racking up the avios!
Yes it’s a very good offer and I wish I could maximise it using the prolong method as it runs out in a month but I can’t.
Stevelovesfl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List