Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 20, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA business class and Heathrow Q's ?

We have a cruise booked for next Aug (booked pre-covid) and the flights for Heathrow - Miami were very expensive for economy. This has somehow led to us booking business! 🤣 It was a cracking deal.

I've never even flown PE so have a few q's.

Can I still drop the cases off the day before?
I'm assuming a lounge would be included but do you get fast track security or anything too?
It's terminal 3.

Anything else I need to know?

Theres 4 of us so I need to do some digging for the best configuration. 2 adults, 2 older kids. Haven't got the booking number yet as using a TA friend for security.

Never stayed at Heathrow. Anywhere you'd recommend preferable as close as possible with a parking deal like The Bloc?

Thanks in advance.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by limmy View Post
We have a cruise booked for next Aug (booked pre-covid) and the flights for Heathrow - Miami were very expensive for economy. This has somehow led to us booking business! 🤣 It was a cracking deal.

I'm assuming a lounge would be included but do you get fast track security or anything too?
It's terminal 3.

Theres 4 of us so I need to do some digging for the best configuration. 2 adults, 2 older kids. Haven't got the booking number yet as using a TA friend for security.

Never stayed at Heathrow. Anywhere you'd recommend preferable as close as possible with a parking deal like The Bloc?

Thanks in advance.
What flight numbers are you travelling on as different aircraft types operate the flights with different configurations.?

We do not know when Terminal 3 will re-open but assuming it is we do not know how it will be operating. Twilight check in had been introduced by BA before Covid but only at T5 and as far as I am aware had not been available at T3 but am happy to be corrected. The Lounge choices at T3 used to be BA, AA, Cathay Pacific and Qantas but again whether these will be open at the time of travel remains to be seen.

BA/AA are operating their Miami flights from T5 at the moment with no set date for any return to T3(if at all).

So the long and short of it at the moment no one knows.

Edited to add - unless you are a BA Executive Card member holding Silver or above then seat choices fees are payable unless your children are under 12.

Edited at 08:28 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jetflyer
Earning More Ears

It's terminal 3.

Thanks in advance.
Further to the answer from Stanley.
You will get fast track security.
If you're flight is T5 then i would suggest the lounge in the B gates satellite as this is quiet.
Other wise A North would be my choice.
It is to the left as you exit security.

Very few hotels offer parking deals.
Try to look at the Heathrow Airport website to check the on airport deals
I would advise against the off airport parking as lots of horror stories about them.

As Stanley said it is difficult to offer seat advice as the situation is very fluid.
If A380 then upper deck is quite than the main deck allso you are first off if upstairs.

Edited at 08:51 AM.
jetflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have always found the hotels and parking at Heathrow more expensive unsurprisingly. We usually fly out of T5 and if I need an overnight we stay at Sofitel @T5 whichnis pricey but a quick walk.

For parking we use the official Heathrow T5 meet and greet, they have always been good, pricy but good.

I am happy to pay the high prices for convenience but clearly that's personal choice.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have always found the hotels and parking at Heathrow more expensive unsurprisingly. We usually fly out of T5 and if I need an overnight we stay at Sofitel @T5 whichnis pricey but a quick walk.

For parking we use the official Heathrow T5 meet and greet, they have always been good, pricy but good.

I am happy to pay the high prices for convenience but clearly that's personal choice.
I would also add that the Club cabins are frequently full of Silver plus flyers who know where they want to sit and may be reluctant to move for a family. The crew will be reluctant to move their frequent flyers although they may ask around.

If it is vital for you to sit together then pay for your seats, its pricy but may be worth it to you.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by jetflyer View Post
Further to the answer from Stanley.
You will get fast track security.
If you're flight is T5 then i would suggest the lounge in the B gates satellite as this is quiet.
Other wise A North would be my choice.
It is to the left as you exit security.

Very few hotels offer parking deals.
Try to look at the Heathrow Airport website to check the on airport deals
I would advise against the off airport parking as lots of horror stories about them.

As Stanley said it is difficult to offer seat advice as the situation is very fluid.
If A380 then upper deck is quite than the main deck allso you are first off if upstairs.
Whoops I forgot about Fast Track

Sadly the Babywhales (A380's) aren't scheduled to operate any services at the moment - but if they do I do like the UD near the front left handside as you can almost have a party in the toilet its so huge. BA look as though they are scheduled to operate a 777 and an A350 in August 2021 - hence the reason for the possible difference in configurations - A350 have the new Club Suite/777 could have Club World or Suites depending on aircraft allocated.

Didn't mention the Elemis Spas which is usually operate in T5 and T3 (sadly closed due to CV at the minute). Travelling in CW you are entitled to book a treatment, however, it is like pulling hens teeth to get availability but you can often book a massage chair.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks all. Flight no. are 207 and 208 I believe. Comes up as terminal 3 but like you say who knows.

We do have an 11 year old, so hopefully it will let us book, if not I would pay if its not included.

Hopefully some normality is resumed and I can look at lounges to book in the new year.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I don't think there's a need to do night before drop off anyway. I've never seen a queue at Club check-in and lets face it half the fun is sashaying up to the club check-in feeling very smug 😁

You don't need to book lounges on a club ticket. Just show your boarding pass and you can use a few different lounges not just BA. At T3 you can also use AA and Cathay lounges. As others have said possible they won't be back to T3. I've never been able to get a spa treatment on a Club ticket. First class can book way in advance and they've always been booked out but again that was pre covid.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Thanks all. Flight no. are 207 and 208 I believe. Comes up as terminal 3 but like you say who knows.

We do have an 11 year old, so hopefully it will let us book, if not I would pay if its not included.

Hopefully some normality is resumed and I can look at lounges to book in the new year.
You’ll need to pay for seats unless you have an infant, prices vary but aren’t cheap! Look on BA under manage my booking.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews

Firstly please accept my apologies as I have re-read the last sentence in my previous post about children under 12 and paid for seating. What I should have gone on to say was that up to 7 days before travel BA will allocate seats free of charge to families with a child under 12 and state that they make sure that a child under 12 is seated with an adult (this can be across the aisle)

britishairways/en-gb...travel/seating

Prior to the 7 days you can chose to pay for seat choice unless your child or another person named on the booking has a specific medical need(seen or unseen) and seats will be allocated for free. BA have an excellent department with a Freephone number for booking any seat requests of this type. If that is of interest I can advise of the 0800 number

limmy - the aircraft schedules for random dates in Aug 21(at the moment) for BA207 are a 777 and the BA 208 an A350 so it looks as though you could have one of each . The A350 should be the new Club Suites but the 777 is more of a puzzle as it could be CS or CW. All subject to change of course! Can I suggest you put a request into the "Is my FLight Full " thread and I can perhaps help you narrow down your thinking about seats.

With regard to Lounges - you can visit any lounge applicable to your fare class WITHOUT PRE-BOOKING For instance

If your flight leaves from LHR T5 you can use the following

Galleries Club T5 South in main terminal
Galleries Club T5 North in main terminal
T5 Satellite B

If travelling from T3

You can use any (or Lounge hop between them all)

BA Galleries Club
AA
Cathay Pacific Business
Qanats Lounge

I have given you so many things to think about - SORRY and please feel free to ask anything you are unsure about. DIBB members are a helpful bunch and all we want is to make sure you get the best out of your holiday.

Edited at 08:40 PM.