Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Question Tell me about Orlando in April

So due to our USA holidays this year being squished - What is Orlando like in April time weather wise etc? We won't be doing the Disney thing just a break with some touring around and good ol' comfort food!

Thanks in advance

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Been in April a few times. For comparison I have also been in February, May and September.

April / May pretty similar. It is hot and can get a bit sticky with all the walking on a theme park trip but I think it would be quite nice considering you won’t be doing that. Nothing like the heat and humidity of September, much easier to manage. I enjoyed February weather the most of all the months I have been, thought it was perfect for theme park holiday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We found the weather in April as close to perfect for us as it could be - like a really lovely summer day at home!

Unlike Claudette I have never had much luck in February. We have almost always had very cold spells!
Old 9 Sep 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I loved April, weather was nice and don't remember having as much rain as the August downpours, was 8 years ago though
Old 9 Sep 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been around 15 times in the mid-April to mid-May period.

As other have said the climate is ideal for us. Usually dry with low humidity and the summer storms which can start late May haven't kicked in yet.

We haven't been to WDW since 2010 and like you we love exploring the other 65,700 square miles of Florida.

Mick
Old 9 Sep 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

For me, April/May is the best time.. and I have been there every month between January and September.

It is lovely and hot, but with no great humidity. It is particularly good for the water parks and the Gulf Beaches.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Isn’t April very busy due to spring break. We went a couple of weeks before Easter holidays and it was so busy by 11am it was time to go home, I’ve never seen it that busy before. Weather was great though, one chilly night watching fireworks but warm enough for the water parks.
Stevelovesfl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
Isn’t April very busy due to spring break. We went a couple of weeks before Easter holidays and it was so busy by 11am it was time to go home, I’ve never seen it that busy before. Weather was great though, one chilly night watching fireworks but warm enough for the water parks.
Spring break tends to be more in March than April. This is one of our favourite times to go and love visiting the garden festival in Epcot during this time. The weather is normally very nice and not too humid.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Spring break tends to be more in March than April. This is one of our favourite times to go and love visiting the garden festival in Epcot during this time. The weather is normally very nice and not too humid.
We went last year last week of March and into April nearly 2 weeks. It was busy throughout our holiday, then the UK school holidays start so I'd imagine it would stay busy. Epcot topiary displays were very good. I'd say after this would be a better time to go maybe into May.
Stevelovesfl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Great to hear the views from Dibbers - Thank you and keep them coming.
Looks like Delta Airlines could be a winner price wise at the moment with their Economy Delight rates so April could be a goer... assuming “it” has gone away by then. (Not referring to Trump by the way! )
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List