Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 4 Aug 07, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

FAQ: How to add photos to your DIBB postings

There are two basic methods for doing this, depending on whether you are a DIBB Passholder (i.e. subscriber) or not. Passholders get their own space within the DIBB's own Photo Gallery, whereas non-passholders will need to upload their pictures to some sort of online photo storage website first and then place a "link" to them in their postings. It's actually very easy once you get used to it.

Note: new users need to have made a certain number of postings and be a member for a short period of time before they are allowed to use links within their messages.

passholders: Posting your photos using DIBB Gallery

1. Goto the gallery and click "Upload Photos"
2. You can upload upto 10 pictures at a tiime.
3. Once uploaded, you can change the titles and category for the images
4. when you view a picture the link code is displayed for that picture.
5. Copy the link code into your post and you are done.

Non-passholders: Posting your photos using PhotoBucket

1. Create an Account

Before you start you'll need to create yourself a personal account on PhotoBucket, at photobucket. You only need to do it once and it's free and really easy. Just click on the Join Now tab and follow the instructions to enter your name, email address and decide on a password.

In your "Account Options" page you may want to set your Album to be Public rather than Private (assuming you want other people to be able to browse through your pictures too). Also check that the Display IMG box is ticked, but otherwise the rest of the personal settings are up to you. You can create your own album names and even subalbums for keeping your photos organised if you want, or simply upload straight away.

2. Upload your photo(s)

Uploading photos is easy too. Once you're logged in to your PhotoBucket account, click on one of the Browse buttons and locate your picture file on your own PC - it's probably in your "My Pictures" folder.

If you want to get PhotoBucket to resize your photos for you automatically, just click on the small options link above the Browse buttons and choose a size - 640x480 is their recommended size for message boards.

When you're ready (you can choose several photos if you want) click on Upload and your picture will be sent to your PhotoBucket album (resized if you requested) and displayed as a small "thumbnail" image for you. You will now be able to use that picture anywhere on the web.

3. Insert your photo(s) into your DIBB posting

When you are ready to insert a photo into a DIBB posting, log back in to your PhotoBucket album and underneath each photograph you'll see a small link labeled IMG Code. Click once on that link and all the necessary technical stuff you need will be automatically copied to your PC's clipboard.

When you have composed your DIBB message, all you need to do is Paste that stuff directly into the place in your text where you want your photo to appear - you can do this via your browser's menu, or simply use the normal Windows shortcut - Control+V.

Note: you can click on Preview Post to check to see that it's worked before you submit the message.

4. Don't delete or Move the photo from PhotoBucket!

One final thing to remember - don't delete or move any photos that you have used in messages from your PhotoBucket album. The DIBB needs to retrieve the picture again each time someone new looks at your message.

Hope this info helps,

Andre

[Note:This is a work-in-progress, I'll update it with more info at some point, and some tips for passholders too]

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 08, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Curioussilva
Imagineer

it did help thanks how about persona avaitars?
Curioussilva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 08, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silva View Post
it did help thanks how about persona avaitars?
I think you need to be a DIBB Annual Passholder (i.e. subscriber) in order to create a custom avatar.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 08, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

How do you get to be a Dibb annual pass holder ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 08, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Alex uk View Post
How do you get to be a Dibb annual pass holder ?
Just click HERE

Andre

Old 20 Jul 08, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

photo test

hi just testing a photo, hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	409.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	11697  
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 08, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

That's an attached photo rather than one embedded in the message body, but it worked.

Andre

Old 20 Jul 08, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post

just testing
Old 20 Jul 08, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes I did it! Had to use photobucket though not sure yet how to use the gallery.
Old 4 Aug 08, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Elderbly
Excited about Disney

just testing
Med Cruise07,NY&Canada09
Elderbly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List