Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We plan on staying at CSR November 2019, will this all be finished by then? Also, will it put up the prices?
2021 DLP - Hotel Cheyenne
2022 WDW - All Star Music Resort, Endless Summer Resort - Dockside
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
We plan on staying at CSR November 2019, will this all be finished by then? Also, will it put up the prices?
I assume it will be over by then, prices go up every year, but Star Wars Land should be open by then as well. So may also be busier.
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

We have stayed at CSR the most and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm hoping they are just doing it for the convention side of things to make more room for convention guests and leave the casitas to tourists, but who knows. Looks like it's the area to the right of the resort near the cabanas and the main building.

Word is that it will have a new lobby in this building, and a lot of rooms will have HS firework views. Also it will have a glass walled rooftop restaurant and there will be a new island made in the middle of lake dorado with a bar or similar.

Let's just hope they aren't trying to make it too deluxe or DVC-like and we get priced out of staying there in future.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

very very clever,i think theres a bit of mirroring universals expansion,but i hope they keep the disney feel we all know and love xx
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Mobile

I noted the work being done when I was going through resort reviews on TA. Someone had been upgraded to AKL because of construction work 👍
Old 9 Mar 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tonilfc
Excited about Disney

Tonilfc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 16
Mobile

I go in 60 days its fastpass day today 😁 And wanted 9a as usual hopefully the building works not too bad love this resort and hopefully in 2 years for our next trip the prices aren't hicked up

Coronado Springs 2015
Coronado Springs 2012
Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Tonilfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm quite looking forward to the Caribbean Beach DVC with the rumoured gondola cable car transport to the parks- another place to use my points, don't think I'll ever book my home resort!
Old 10 Mar 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney n Me
Looking for my Ears

Hi everyone
Is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit angry at all this. We have booked to stay at Disney Port Orleans French Quarter in August, and due to the referb of Caribbean Beach Resort we are finding out that guest are being moved to French Quarter at no extra charge.there a £560 price difference on these hotels for a standard room does anyone think this is fare or do they feel the same way.
IT RELAY MAKES BLOOD BOIL!
Disney n Me is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyboo
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney n Me View Post
Hi everyone
Is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit angry at all this. We have booked to stay at Disney Port Orleans French Quarter in August, and due to the referb of Caribbean Beach Resort we are finding out that guest are being moved to French Quarter at no extra charge.there a £560 price difference on these hotels for a standard room does anyone think this is fare or do they feel the same way.
IT RELAY MAKES BLOOD BOIL!
But the people moving there didn't want to stay there. They booked CBR originally as that's the resort they were looking forward to staying at. Unfortunately plans have gcnaged and there is a risk it won't be as enjoyable as they had hoped. If there were major works at your hotel you'd expect Disney to move you or give you vouchers to compensate too for the upset.
Disneyboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I read on Disney Tourist Blog that those staying at CBR are being offered $75 per nite voucher to be used toward food anywhere on Disney property since Old Port Royale food court is closed for refurb.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List