Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
I want to go now!

Cans of Beer

Hi All,

I quite like a beer or two in the room either before bed or when getting ready on an evening.

Is there anywhere I could get some? From what I remember a few years ago, places like Earl of Sandwich wouldnt just sell you a beer and they were about 5 euro for a coke can size anyway. I know they sold them in the station but then you cant get past security can you? Is there any other options to get some to keep in the room?

Thanks in advance.
mcoler18 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Stubbs86
slightly serious Dibber

Where are you staying? I think it is just glass bottles that will flag up security on the way into the Village/parks but maybe its cans of beer too.

If so, you can take the bus from the station to the hotel and you can take glass etc that way no problem.

In terms of purchasing you can buy at the train station, at the Auchan Supermarket in Val d'Europe (one stop on the train) or at the petrol station the other side of Santa Fe Hotel.

Germany/Netherlands Roadtrip May 2018 - Europa Park & Efteling
DLP October 2018 - Cheyenne in Halloween season
Alton Towers March 2019 - solo day out
Stubbs86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
I want to go now!

We are staying in the Disneyland Hotel.
mcoler18 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
I want to go now!

So could I walk to the petrol station behind Santa Fe without going through security?
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stubbs86
slightly serious Dibber

Ah. The Disneyland Hotel is the one that throws a spanner in the works because it is inside the park/village security area, whereas all the other onsite hotels aren't.

Not sure how it works for the Disneyland Hotel and taking in bottles etc, hopefully someone will be along soon to advise.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Stubbs86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
I want to go now!

Yeah I thought that, I wonder if I could buy some at the airport when we land as we are getting the Disney Shuttle which I assume will take us direct to the hotel?
Unread 22 Jan 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stubbs86
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mcoler18 View Post
Yeah I thought that, I wonder if I could buy some at the airport when we land as we are getting the Disney Shuttle which I assume will take us direct to the hotel?
Yes that could work as the shuttle will drop you off at the front entrance of the hotel (i.e. not in the park security side).

However they do scan all bags on entry to the hotels so not sure if the Disneyland Hotel rules are different to the others, as technically you could walk through the hotel and into the park without passing any further security.

Unread 22 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Dancing with Tink'

If you read the rules (I did last time we went as I love to worry about everything!) no alcohol is allowed on the premises however we had no issue last year taking bottles of wine into Newport Bay Club (from the train station and via the shuttle bus); in fact the hotel security just laughed when they heard the clinking. I personally think youll be fine with beer, why not buy just a couple at first to test it out?

Edited at 03:04 PM.
ClippedWings is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Paris woohoo!