Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Cans of Beer

Hi All,

I quite like a beer or two in the room either before bed or when getting ready on an evening.

Is there anywhere I could get some? From what I remember a few years ago, places like Earl of Sandwich wouldnt just sell you a beer and they were about 5 euro for a coke can size anyway. I know they sold them in the station but then you cant get past security can you? Is there any other options to get some to keep in the room?

Thanks in advance.
mcoler18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Where are you staying? I think it is just glass bottles that will flag up security on the way into the Village/parks but maybe its cans of beer too.

If so, you can take the bus from the station to the hotel and you can take glass etc that way no problem.

In terms of purchasing you can buy at the train station, at the Auchan Supermarket in Val d'Europe (one stop on the train) or at the petrol station the other side of Santa Fe Hotel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

We are staying in the Disneyland Hotel.
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

So could I walk to the petrol station behind Santa Fe without going through security?
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah. The Disneyland Hotel is the one that throws a spanner in the works because it is inside the park/village security area, whereas all the other onsite hotels aren't.

Not sure how it works for the Disneyland Hotel and taking in bottles etc, hopefully someone will be along soon to advise.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Yeah I thought that, I wonder if I could buy some at the airport when we land as we are getting the Disney Shuttle which I assume will take us direct to the hotel?
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mcoler18 View Post
Yeah I thought that, I wonder if I could buy some at the airport when we land as we are getting the Disney Shuttle which I assume will take us direct to the hotel?
Yes that could work as the shuttle will drop you off at the front entrance of the hotel (i.e. not in the park security side).

However they do scan all bags on entry to the hotels so not sure if the Disneyland Hotel rules are different to the others, as technically you could walk through the hotel and into the park without passing any further security.
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

If you read the rules (I did last time we went as I love to worry about everything!) no alcohol is allowed on the premises however we had no issue last year taking bottles of wine into Newport Bay Club (from the train station and via the shuttle bus); in fact the hotel security just laughed when they heard the clinking. I personally think you’ll be fine with beer, why not buy just a couple at first to test it out?

Edited at 03:04 PM.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I dont think you can. When we stopped at DLH before Christmas i went to relay and came back through security with a big bag of food. The only thing security were looking for was glass bottles and alcohol.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Put it in your case and go straight to the front of the hotel. I doubt you’ll have any issues. We usually take a bottle of brandy (small one) and leave it in our case, never had an issue. How we we bought wine at the station shop and could only get it back to our hotel (seq lodge) if we took the bus back to the hotel.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List