Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 12, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
rudolph911
VIP Dibber

Photopass, Photopass+, PhotoCD

Help needed please.

Can someone please explain to me the differences between all of the above. Have done a bit October digging and I am none the wiser.

Is it worth paying the extra if you are staying off site ? Does the price paid up front pay fodder everything or are there sneaky extras added on afterwards.

And is it really needed ? Does it really add to the holiday and if we do go for it does it Neanderthal that we can leave our cameras at home. Also any advice in how to make the most of it.

Many thanks
rudolph911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Photopass is the general name to the entire scheme. Assuming no pre-paying, then whe n you arrive in the first park you will collect a credit card sized 'photopass' and you will show this to every photographer you meet and all your photos will be put on a website for you to peruse later.

Photopass plus is a special credit card which also allows you to collect ride and character meal photographs. I am fairly sure you have to pay for this before you get the card which allows you to collect the extra photographs. If you pay in the park it's $199, if you pre-order it's $149.

When you get home, you look at the photos on the website, and you have a few choices. You can pay to download some images ($15 each), you can create a photobook and have it sent to you, or you can buy a CD with all the images on. The CD costs $169 if you don't prepay or $119 if you do

disneyphotopass/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm

Do you need it? Not necessarily. Some people hand there camera to the CM who will take a photo for you. Some aren't bothered about lots of staged shots. However, I really like it. I've not tried the plus version, and I don't know if I will as I don't feel I need ride photos, but I do like the photos around the parks. They are some of the only family photos we have, and I'm not sure we would make the effort to get the full family shots if we didn't do photopass.

You can get a basic card and collect photos and then decide later, but you will pay more if you do it that way.

Some people who will be on holiday at the same time will get together and share a photopass account. You can't do this with the Plus, but you can share a normal account . It's a bit more inconvenient but it can save you some money.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
rudolph911
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Photopass is the general name to the entire scheme. Assuming no pre-paying, then whe n you arrive in the first park you will collect a credit card sized 'photopass' and you will show this to every photographer you meet and all your photos will be put on a website for you to peruse later.

Photopass plus is a special credit card which also allows you to collect ride and character meal photographs. I am fairly sure you have to pay for this before you get the card which allows you to collect the extra photographs. If you pay in the park it's $199, if you pre-order it's $149.

When you get home, you look at the photos on the website, and you have a few choices. You can pay to download some images ($15 each), you can create a photobook and have it sent to you, or you can buy a CD with all the images on. The CD costs $169 if you don't prepay or $119 if you do

disneyphotopass/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm

Do you need it? Not necessarily. Some people hand there camera to the CM who will take a photo for you. Some aren't bothered about lots of staged shots. However, I really like it. I've not tried the plus version, and I don't know if I will as I don't feel I need ride photos, but I do like the photos around the parks. They are some of the only family photos we have, and I'm not sure we would make the effort to get the full family shots if we didn't do photopass.

You can get a basic card and collect photos and then decide later, but you will pay more if you do it that way.

Some people who will be on holiday at the same time will get together and share a photopass account. You can't do this with the Plus, but you can share a normal account . It's a bit more inconvenient but it can save you some money.
This is where I am getting a little confused. If I buy thread Photopass+ before I go, flash my number to everyone I see and grin like a chimpanzee with constipation for a fortnight, come home and log in to the internet, does it then cost me more to get the CD of the photos I want sent to me. Is the CD included in the initiAl price or I s that just g e price of having the photographers there to take the photos for me.

We have an adr and plan on doing all the parks and depending on weather mayb a water park, but I am also looking for value for money as well.
rudolph911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
They will take all the photos for free. Normal photos can be viewed online for upto 30 days after your trip. Character meal photos are brought around as prints, and if you buy the print (there and then), they will add the photo to your photopass as well, so you get the print, and the digital image.
Ride Photos are on a screen and again you either buy a print and then get the digital image added to your photopass, or you can't have it digitally.

If you buy the photopass plus, then you would get all of those character meal and ride photos included.

I just want to be clear, the cheaper photopass includes photos with characters in the park, it's just ride & meal photos that aren't included. In our experience, these aren't great photos. There is normally a set place outside the restaurant where they take a shot, sometimes with a character, or at Chef Mickeys it's with a huge plate...

If you pre-order then you only need to pay for delivery (and I think that's only because we are in the UK)

It used to be possible to collect the CD in the park before you left, but I am fairly sure they stopped that as it was taking too long.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
rudolph911
VIP Dibber

Cheers Beverly, thanks for your help. We might go with it especially because of the character breakfast.
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
if it's just one character breakfast you'll about break even on the upgrade. I thnk it's about $30 at Chef Mickeys.

Where are you eating? Chef Mickeys is a particularly poor photo (taken with a large plate - i kid you not)
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
rudolph911
VIP Dibber

AK. Donalds Safari Breakfast on January 10th. Getting hungry now thinking about it !
Old 3 Nov 12, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread