Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 13, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
rudolph911
VIP Dibber

A holiday to Disney is not the time to b breaking in new footwear. Take your comfiest pair if trainers that I know your feet because you will walk miles. Would you go for a walk at home in crocs or flip flops? I wore a pair of sandals, that I've had for a long time on one of the days. I was back n my runners the following day!
rudolph911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ariel-jools
Apprentice Imagineer

I totally agree, I wouldn't want to break in a new pair of shoes. However, if I buy some now, I will have chance to get them broken in ready for August
Orlando August 2015 * Florida & East Coast road trip Aug 2014 * Engaged at Disneyland Paris NYE 2013 * Orlando & Miami Aug 2013 * Disneyland Paris Aug 2012 * Disneyland California Dec 2008 * Orlando May 2003 * Orlando May 1995
ariel-jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ariel-jools
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
sheplers/Ariat-Unbrid... ategoryId=460
these are those ... they are even more gorgeous in the flesh! Great under jeans back home ...
I have a pair of Sheplers that I bought in Vegas in 2008 - amazing! I wear them all the time and they are honestly one of the most comfortable things I could ever own. Not ideal for August in Florida unfortunately!
Orlando August 2015 * Florida & East Coast road trip Aug 2014 * Engaged at Disneyland Paris NYE 2013 * Orlando & Miami Aug 2013 * Disneyland Paris Aug 2012 * Disneyland California Dec 2008 * Orlando May 2003 * Orlando May 1995
ariel-jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Natztastic
Apprentice Imagineer

I have had this dilemma every time I go to Orlando! I always have shoes that rub and them I'm uncomfortable for the rest of the trip..!

I have tried it all, Trainers, flip flops, flat shoes, crocs, slight heeled shoes, scholl... etc.

Last year... I cracked it!

Skechers go walk. So light (literally like Polystyrene) so comfy, they're a bit elasticated so fit whichever your foot shape. I can't recommend them enough. Plus they don't cost the earth like some other rubbish.
DLP Aug '08 - WDW May '09 - WDW Nov '10 - DLP May '11 - DLP Dec '11 - WDW Oct '12 (Got engaged!) - DLP Mar '13 - WDW May '13 - DLP Oct '13 - WDW Oct '14 - WDW May '15 - Orlando Nov 15 - Orlando May '16 - Orlando Sep '16
Natztastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Crocs - end of

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I've never been a fan of crocs but they are so comfy! It may be worth investing in some toms... They are so comfy for walking around in! They can be expenxsive so I tend to get mine on eBay
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

For me it's either my fit flops- Which were amazingly comfortable and I also felt like I could justify the ice cream because I'd have a lovely toned bottom at the end of the holiday, or my Skechers (not trainers more similar to the walkers I guess, will have to check). Both of these were great but obviously I wore them in before we went. I also took a pair of normal sandals for non park days.
I am only 5'2" so really struggle with the flat shoe concept as I feel like i look a fool in shorts with anything too clumpy or too flat on my feet. Oh to have long slim legs and have the pick of the sandal selection
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ariel-jools View Post
These are Toms

toms/womens/classics?view=all
I know lots of people swear by these, but to me they look like grandad shoes and wouldn't do me any favours for sure!

Originally Posted by kcsunshine73 View Post
sheplers/Ariat-Unbrid... ategoryId=460
these are those ... they are even more gorgeous in the flesh! Great under jeans back home ...
These would be perfect for BBWWS next month.
I am also a boot lover, over the moon as just managed to get another pair of my favourite Timberland boots in the sale at Boundary Mill this weekend (reduced from £160 to £36), the are comfy, warm, waterproof and stylish, they had only one pair left that had been in a corner of the stockroom, and they were my size

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
For me it's either my fit flops- Which were amazingly comfortable and I also felt like I could justify the ice cream because I'd have a lovely toned bottom at the end of the holiday, or my Skechers (not trainers more similar to the walkers I guess, will have to check). Both of these were great but obviously I wore them in before we went. I also took a pair of normal sandals for non park days.
I am only 5'2" so really struggle with the flat shoe concept as I feel like i look a fool in shorts with anything too clumpy or too flat on my feet. Oh to have long slim legs and have the pick of the sandal selection
I am the same, I can make 5'3" if I stand up really straight, I have a shapely pair of legs [for my height] but am fussy about shoes. They mustn't have ankle straps or horizontal lines across the top of the foot as they foreshorten your legs. So I go for sandals with diagonal straps/vertical lines up the foot as they give the impression of longer legs, and if possible a low wedge. I hate the look of the old Crocs, but a few of the new ones actually look quite nice. Since seeing the program where the guy walked the length of the Amazon in Crocs I have decided there must be something in it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
skiingjj
Very Serious Dibber

skiingjj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I bought some Sexi Sandal crocs last year as I wanted something I could wear in the evening too, they were fab.

I also have the traditional style and croc flips flops so alternate between all 3 depending on the weather and which part we are going to. Wouldn't leave home without them

Oct 2008 - Enclave Suites
Oct 2010 - Enclave Suites
Oct 2012 - Hard Rock & Enclave Suites
Aug 2014 - Hard Rock, Enclave Suites & Boardwalk Inn
skiingjj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 13, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

i had to actually go look at the pictures from the holiday to check lol ...
it would apeare that mine and the kiddys choice of foot wear was vans ethens and the cheep sandshoes from primark.
although next time i need a decent pair of flipflops cause my feet were to hot in the water parks.