Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Panda eyes

My eyes are awful, big black circles, I have increased my intake in water and get 8 hours sleep a night. I have had this problem since my teens, I’m now 57 and I’m so so embarrassed., is there any cream that might help and also anything to help cover them. It really is affecting me so much and I don’t want to go out, it may seem so silly to some people, but it’s getting me down so much. Thanks for any help.
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

No advice really. My glasses hide a multitude of sins. I always choose a pair that hide my bags the best.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you tried Touché Eclat by YSL or Charlotte Tilbury concealer?
Have a read of this charlottetilbury/uk/...-dark-circles/

Edited at 12:43 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know just how you feel - my eyes have always been this way. They are worse if I am tired but the black circles are really always there and they always have been. I think it’s hereditary - my mum has them and her aunts and cousins too.
I think touché eclat works slightly, and also the getting sleep and drinking water helps but I think the main thing is to try and not let it get you down.
I know it’s easy to say that - but honestly everyone will have something that gets them down about themselves.
You might find certain colours can help reduce the impact of the circles - some colours seem to make me worse. Also maybe try a bare minerals type powder - like the mineral veil one. I find that it generally brightens up my face so the my circles don’t stand out so much xx
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

MAYBELLINE - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer gets pretty good reviews and it is cheap as well
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

You might need a corrector in peach to hide the darkness before using a concealer. Might be worth checking with a make up counter. For a concealer I find tarte concealer very good. It is not cheap but a little goes a long way.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much, I will look into these options, failing that, I can’t wait to summer, where I can keep dark sunglasses on all day.
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I know it sounds extreme but try cutting sugar. My aunt did this for other health reasons but her eyes, which looked seriously black, completely cleared up
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
My eyes are awful, big black circles, I have increased my intake in water and get 8 hours sleep a night. I have had this problem since my teens, I’m now 57 and I’m so so embarrassed., is there any cream that might help and also anything to help cover them. It really is affecting me so much and I don’t want to go out, it may seem so silly to some people, but it’s getting me down so much. Thanks for any help.
Aww, feel for you I’m the same wouldn’t go out the house without concealer
Rimmel was my fav but discontinued now using a Revolution one, it seems pretty good, I’ve tried loads over the years even bought a “ miracle cream “ $100 from Bloomingdales, needless to say it was rubbish
I too drink lots of water, I don’t sleep well but have had the problem since early teens, try & be positive I wear sunglasses a lot too
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Have you tried a cold compress - cold wet flannel, cucumber sliced or cold wet tea bags ? Lie back and keep them in place for 20-30 mins.

Or a colour correcting cream - lots of brands out there such as this. scroll down to the “peach” option in this link for dark circles

rimmellondon/en-gb/t...lour-corrector

Edited at 11:01 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List