Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Feb 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Is this the best return ever?

Dd1 works for a large retailer.
She currently has a role whereabouts she travels to various stores.

During her visit to one location yesterday:

A customer returned a fitted sheet as she stated it ‘moved on the bed and didn’t remain fitted to the mattress’.
The sales assistant asked if the lady would like an alternative sheet & her reply:
‘Only if you can guarantee it won’t move!’
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I work in a big outlet store and the excuses customers use for returning stuff are sometimes hilarious so nothing surprises me
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had someone complain that a birthday cake was dry and they wanted a refund but all they brought back was the silver tray it was on no box receipt or cake
They could have bought it anywhere and they weren't happy when the refund was refused
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Years ago I worked for Littlewoods

We had a customer return a cardigan in the packet which she had received for Christmas ..she wasn't overly happy when our manager told her it had been discontinued 15 years previously
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I worked on a cosmetics counter, and a lady brought back a pump bottle of face cream that had "stopped working" - it was an odd style pump, it happens.

When I looked it over, it was empty, and about three label styles before the current one. She expected me to replace it - not sell her a new one, swap it over!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My daughter had a part time job in River Island while she was at university, her best one was a lady returning a very well worn pair of shoes that she'd bought over a year previously (at her own blatant admission) as she felt they hadn't lasted well enough...

Daft thing is that they refunded her! A lot of companies just seem to give in to the moaners and people trying it on for a quiet life.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

When I left school I worked in a high street bank. A customer came in complaining that he had a letter saying he was overdrawn. He stated that he couldn't be because he still had some cheques left.
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Whilst working in a garden centre the most bizarre return I had was when a customer came in after painting the BBQ grill and then using said grill to cook sausages and couldn't understand why the paint had ended up on the sausages. Even brought in the sausages and wanted to know what we intended to do about it. Luckily I referred her to our manager to deal with it more diplomatically than I would.
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I was waiting to be served in the EE shop once and overheard a really funny conversation between a very patient member of staff and an elderly gentleman who was complaining that his mobile 'phone didn't work outside the house.
The staff member was patiently explaining over and over the difference between a mobile 'phone and a cordless telephone receiver - which was what the man had in his hand
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
Dd1 works for a large retailer.
She currently has a role whereabouts she travels to various stores.

During her visit to one location yesterday:

A customer returned a fitted sheet as she stated it ‘moved on the bed and didn’t remain fitted to the mattress’.
The sales assistant asked if the lady would like an alternative sheet & her reply:
‘Only if you can guarantee it won’t move!’
Chipboard is the answer. Solid as a rock.

Disney332