Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 14, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Quidco help please

Hi all

I recently joined Quidco after seeing so many people on here using it, and I followed their link to Floridatix to purchase my universal tickets

I knew that I wouldn't get the cashback for some time so wasn't worried about it, but I've subsequently had a message from Quidco saying I've yet to make a purchase through their site.

I messages them and said I'm a bit confused about this and provided them details of my Floridatix purchase. I've now had a general message back saying they can't track cashback themselves and Its done through third parties, and perhaps I need to check my cookies as that might block the purchase!

I'm in no hurry for the money, I just wanted to check my purchase has registered through Quidco. As a total technophobe (my brain switches off at the mention of cookies etc!), can anyone give me a basic guide of navigating my way around Quidco ( or Floridatix if its them I need to look at) to just find out if my purchase has been linked please?

Ultimately I think I'll only get £8 odd cashback so I'm not bothered really, it would just be helpful to know if it is indeed too complicated to use/see, as at least ill know not to bother even using Quidco again - I am a very simple soul!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

On the front page after you have logged in there should be two links. "View my activity", where you can see if the purchase was registered by the site, and "Missing a transaction?". If the purchase doesn't show on your activity page but the site has logged it, it should appear on the drop down menu as you go through the reporting process.
If it isn't there then, unfortunately, something didn't work. Cashback can be an inexact science.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 14, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wmc711
Imagineer

You did purchase through quidco and not direct with floridatix

Every day should be a Disney Day

Will.I.Am
wmc711 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
On the front page after you have logged in there should be two links. "View my activity", where you can see if the purchase was registered by the site, and "Missing a transaction?". If the purchase doesn't show on your activity page but the site has logged it, it should appear on the drop down menu as you go through the reporting process.
If it isn't there then, unfortunately, something didn't work. Cashback can be an inexact science.
Originally Posted by wmc711 View Post
You did purchase through quidco and not direct with floridatix
Thank you both for your replies

I've just written to Quidco again as despite thinking I'd purchased through them (I went through the link on their site) I think I must have purchased direct somehow! The reason I think this is when I went to make a manual claim for cashback, the form automatically brought up my visits to Floridatix but not a purchase amount!

I've emailed Quidco to see if there is anything they can do, but have said that if not could they delete my Quidco account, as I've found it so difficult to navigate and now I'm getting so many messages from them offering cashback here/ cashback there, that I'd sooner not get them if I'm not computer savvy enough to use these offers!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you both for your replies

I've just written to Quidco again as despite thinking I'd purchased through them (I went through the link on their site) I think I must have purchased direct somehow! The reason I think this is when I went to make a manual claim for cashback, the form automatically brought up my visits to Floridatix but not a purchase amount!

I've emailed Quidco to see if there is anything they can do, but have said that if not could they delete my Quidco account, as I've found it so difficult to navigate and now I'm getting so many messages from them offering cashback here/ cashback there, that I'd sooner not get them if I'm not computer savvy enough to use these offers!
If it logged your visit go through the reporting process. They are pretty good at chasing it up.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 14, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
If it logged your visit go through the reporting process. They are pretty good at chasing it up.
Yes it logged the visit, but next to it there is an amount column and that says zero
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Don't worry about that, just follow the missing transaction procedure and let them chase it. You may be asked to supply an order number or some other proof. The worst that can happen is they decline it in the end.
Old 19 Jul 14, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

I first used quidco for online bingo as I had read about it on here. Neither of my purchases registered, same scenario as yours, and I went through the appeal process. £25 was paid into my account this week and £30 the previous week x
Old 19 Jul 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Thank you both . I'll try it again when I'm at home - as you say, the worst that can happen is they'll decline it
Old 19 Jul 14, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread