Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

Mobile Travel day

Is it just me or do other feel the need to have a spotless house before they leave! Today we travel ncl to lhr and already completed the following. Beds stripped and washed. LO up at 630 excited( normally dragged out of bed at 8 to go to school) which helped. Fridge cleaned and washed out. Bathrooms cleaned / floors mopped and hubby about to attempt to cut the grass. It’s not even 10 o’clock! Roll on 2pm when I lock that door and get mother in law taxi to airport! 🇺🇸😁
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Think we all do this. Enjoy 🤣
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just said to kids that Monday will be cleaning house so final check of cases today and then that's it, I'll be dropping dogs off in morning, hubby at work til 5 so I'm going to blitz. He back from work, quick change of clothes (not giving him chance to mess house up) and then out.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

Yes. Beds changed, house hoovered, emptying and cleaning out fridge etc etc. OH thinks I am mad, but I don't want to come back to a manky house. Day before we go is always cleaning day!
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

You'll be glad you did it when you get back to a nice clean house.

Have a fab holiday!
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad I'm not the only one! Total spring clean the week before we go. Nets down and washed and ironed, cupboards and drawers all turfed out and tidied. The day before we go I strip the beds, wash and iron, and polish and hoover thru. I wash out the fridge and clean the kitchen the morning before we leave for our trip to the airport. By the time I've finished I'm definitely ready for the holiday. This year we return a few weeks before Christmas so the house will be ready to have the tree and decs put up. No pre Christmas clean up this year. Two birds with one stone.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hubby is about to mow
I ve deep cleaned bathroom so quick wipe tomorrow.
Last load of laundry in.
Need to hoover and then move downstairs...
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellegirl8
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Glad it’s not just me. Waiting for hubby to have a shower so can finish the bathroom. The upstairs ones are then out of bounds! It is nice to come back to clean house and a clean bed. Can’t beat it 😍
Bellegirl8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellegirl8 View Post
Glad it’s not just me. Waiting for hubby to have a shower so can finish the bathroom. The upstairs ones are then out of bounds! It is nice to come back to clean house and a clean bed. Can’t beat it 😍
Wellll im leaving 3 kids at home so doubt it lmao (2 adults and 1 grumpy 17yr old! )
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I have done that for years...that feeling when you come back to your own home to a lovely clean bed and a clean house...cannot beat it...it's all part of the planning😂
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List