Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Nov 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Is a Villa too big for just 2 people

We are thinking of going back in November next year we usually book an hotel room but DH is thinking about a Villa it will be 2 over 50's. Never had a Villa but just not sure about how much it would cost and if it would be too large, even which area we need to look. Just trying to work the costing as this would be an extra trip as we are going with family in April next year.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Definitely not too big, I've even rented solo a few times. Once you try a villa you'll never want a hotel room again.

Laundry facilities, on-suite facilities, comfy sofas, parking outside the door and best of all...

Get up when you want, go out to your private pool, take a sun-lounger, any sun-lounger and place it where you want it to be. Or float around in peace and harmony with the place all to yourself.

Want a drink? Pop back to the Kitchen, grab a cold one from the fridge, make a sandwich, when done pop the dishes in the dishwasher. Get a Pizza delivered ...

You might have guessed, I'm a mah-hoosive fan of the villa life
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've had a villa just for us two over 50's. It belongs to friends and we used it as a family previously. We just used the master bedroom and there was another room for the empty suitcases and one for all the shopping! We didn't really do any cooking, just breakfasts and salad lunches if we were in, but it was nice to have the space and the washing machine!
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Definitely not too big, I've even rented solo a few times. Once you try a villa you'll never want a hotel room again.

Laundry facilities, on-suite facilities, comfy sofas, parking outside the door and best of all...

Get up when you want, go out to your private pool, take a sun-lounger, any sun-lounger and place it where you want it to be. Or float around in peace and harmony with the place all to yourself.

Want a drink? Pop back to the Kitchen, grab a cold one from the fridge, make a sandwich, when done pop the dishes in the dishwasher. Get a Pizza delivered ...

Thanks for the reply think we do need to look at the Villa option.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
We've had a villa just for us two over 50's. It belongs to friends and we used it as a family previously. We just used the master bedroom and there was another room for the empty suitcases and one for all the shopping! We didn't really do any cooking, just breakfasts and salad lunches if we were in, but it was nice to have the space and the washing machine!
Thank you for the reply we have a lot to think about.
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Whilst I dont rent a villa I have booked a 2 bed apartment as part of my timeshare when it is just me as I like the space.
I live alone in a 3 bed house, well apart from the cats
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think I’d rattle around in a villa but we have had an apartment before. I’d also look at a townhouse with a plunge pool.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

My DW and I have just stayed in a Five Bedroom villa and had a fab time. This is our third stay at this particular villa and although this was the first time being just the two of us at no stage did we feel the villa was too big.
As others have said once you rent a villa chances are you will never stay in a hotel again
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

We rent a 4 bed villa every year, for the 2 of us. We love it, better than any hotel.

Edited at 11:22 PM.
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post

I agree with this.

I think when we go Florida with or without the kids (when they a lot older) then it will always be villa. But my hubby’s said that will never be us.

But... he will change his mind cos really after the kids will be grandkids so yeah always villa.

Get a 3 bed. Same as having a normal house in the uk really as many houses are 3bed.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List