Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jun 10, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post

California homes/villas

I'm thinking about next years holiday now and even though I have been planning on going to California in 2011 for at least 3 years I'm now considering Florida again because i have no idea where to start planning a holiday in California! I don't really fancy moving about much but this seems to be the norm. I'd like 10-12 days somewhere in California but where?!? And then 2-3 days in Vegas. We are now considering going with a group of friends and I really like the idea of a Florida villa - is this available at a reasonable price in California? Also which area is best to stay in? I'm not really bothered about parks, I'm more keen on beaches, shopping and nice restaurants that aren't reallly expensive. So what should I do? Try to do the research and go to california and vegas or stick to florida?! Any thoughts appreciated!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 10, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 12Disney View Post
I'm thinking about next years holiday now and even though I have been planning on going to California in 2011 for at least 3 years I'm now considering Florida again because i have no idea where to start planning a holiday in California! I don't really fancy moving about much but this seems to be the norm. I'd like 10-12 days somewhere in California but where?!? And then 2-3 days in Vegas. We are now considering going with a group of friends and I really like the idea of a Florida villa - is this available at a reasonable price in California? Also which area is best to stay in? I'm not really bothered about parks, I'm more keen on beaches, shopping and nice restaurants that aren't reallly expensive. So what should I do? Try to do the research and go to california and vegas or stick to florida?! Any thoughts appreciated!
Villa prices in California are more expensive than Florida - in some cases, hugely more so. Simple case of land/property prices - California is a very expensive part of the world. Try VRBO (google it) for prices.

If you really do want to stay in one place - and you want a beach- I'm guessing you're narrowing it down to either Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey, possibly Santa Barbara, Newport Beach areas, or San Diego? For me, San Diego has the best beaches in Southern California - but it's quite expensive to stay (try La Jolla, for instance. Beautiful beaches and gorgeous area). Just being 120 miles or so south of Anaheim makes the sea that little bit warmer, trust me.

Shopping is fine in California - there are loads of outlet stores. But eating out is more expensive, generally, I'm afraid.

For Las Vegas - try reading my planning index at the top of the forum? Best of luck.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 10, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

California is a lot more expensive than Florida for rental homes. Hotels are a good bit more expensive as well. Nice restaurants can be very pricey. You could always do a 2 centre Las Vegas and Florida. Just something to think about.

Alison
Old 30 Jun 10, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Las Vegas and Florida was an option actually so maybe I should look into that. Do u no the best way to book that?
Old 30 Jun 10, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We are in Scotland and have done multi stop from Edinburgh (not Vegas though) with Continental. EDI > Newark> Vegas then Vegas>Orlando then Orlando>Newark should probably work out for you. Try Expedia and the like for multi stops just put the dates you want to travel on each of the legs of the journey. They are sometimes cheaper than directly through the airline websites.

Alison
Old 30 Jun 10, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 12Disney View Post
Las Vegas and Florida was an option actually so maybe I should look into that. Do u no the best way to book that?
i am doing Florida Vegas and California starting next week.
Like pp said , i booked my flights Dub via Man to Orlando returning LA to dublin via LHR, then just searched for a 1 way flight to several airports, Vegas came up at $90 each so it was booked ,flying from Tampa, which was good as i had my last 4 days in florida staying at St Petes Beach.
Booking everything on 1 ticket with Expedia was way to expensive.
Old 30 Jun 10, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

we are planning our next holiday for california for 2 weeks then vegas for 2 weeks...

i have been to vegas before and love it so know where to stay there but have no clue about california!

i am like you, dont like to move around. i also like to have my own space, with a private pool preferably!

would love to hear what you find out, i am starting to research next week and i am expecting it to cost a lot more than florida. we are budgeting £5k for 4 weeks including spending money...

cant afford to do that every year!
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

It looks like i need to wait a bit longer for flights to come out for when we are going. Hopefully another 2 weeks, then I will have a better idea if it will be within our budget. Im now thinking of Continental to new york since its a direct flight, staying there for 2 nights, then Vegas for 3 nights and then onto orlando for 2 weeks. Sounds like loads, im not used to this type of holiday!
Old 1 Jul 10, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread