Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 15, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Is Howard Johnson Waterpark Hotel worth it?

Looking at Anaheim hotels.

Want something within walking distance of the park and trying decide between Camelot, Tropicana and the Howard Johnson with the Waterpark which is more expensive.

Is it worth paying the extra?

Am just wondering how likely are we to go back to hotel for an afternoon swim. What time are the pools open until?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well I love the look of the Howard Johnson and was so tempted to book it for next year, but we've booked the Tropicana.

The reason being is so much cheaper and we have 3 full days in Anaheim 2 will be spent in Disney the other probably Knotts Berry , I just can't see we would have time to use the water park so pointless paying extra for it.
I'm paying $800 for 4 2 day Disney tickets , I intend to be in the parks all day to get my money's worth..

If I were there for a week and we had some spare time then yep I would stay there.

I stayed at the Desert Palms this year after getting a fab deal through Hotwire ... its likely I will cancel the Tropicana if I can get a similar deal nearer the time.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are staying here for 5 nights next month but have never been before

I booked it because it is so close to Disneyland, you can see the fireworks from it and the pool looks like fun.

I'm not sure how much time we'll spend in the pool (if any) but it looks like a fun place
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We chose the Camelot for our trip in August as it is just across the street from the main gates of DL and although we will probably go back for a swim in the afternoon, we intend to spend most of our time in the parks.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. If you will spend a lot of time in the pool then the HJ would be great. I think it was quite a bit more expensive than the Camelot when we looked so we decided on the Camelot. The fact that you could see the DL fireworks from the Camelot pool sold it to me!

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I would guess you can see the fireworks from just about every hotel around there given they are all so close .

i know we sat in Denny's nearby and had a excellent view of the wheel lit up at night :/)
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBerry
Trying for More Ears

We've stayed before as a couple and will be again this year with our two young children. First time we picked it based on free wi-fi (this was a few years ago before it was pretty much standard) and free parking. I have looked at cheaper hotels but as we are doing a longer stay in the area this time, the parking charges can quickly add up and make a seemingly cheap deal more expensive!
DisneyBerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

We stopped last August for a few days because we got a great £70 a room rate through zleepinghotels.com
The best thing was the location -
google/maps/place/...1!1e1!10m1!1e1

right across from Disneyland

But the "waterpark" is a bit of an exaggeration. The photographs of it make it out like its fantastic
In reality is it shoved into a corner of the hotel grounds ( see above) and doesn't have the space / gardens etc of the main pool.
It was really only for under 10's maybe - my 11 year old had no interest in it

The rooms were adequate but nothing special really - if others come out cheaper and are the same distance from the park , I would go for them .

It was a very good option at the price paid but I wouldn't be rushing to fork out big bucks on it
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

We had the same dilemma for this Aug but like Suzy we decided to go for the cheaper option and book Camelot. I'd rather have the extra cash to spend in the parks and we're only there for 3 nights so I knew we wouldn't bother with the waterpark.
Old 3 Jun 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thanks everyone!

You have helped our decision - we are going to book Camelot or Tropicana.

Looks like we might be there around the same time as some of you!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread