Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 16, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mooshcat
slightly serious Dibber

Is Burbank a good place to stay

Hi, we will be in California at Easter. The original plan was a week to 10 nights in Anaheim before flying home from LA as that's where we were based last time (mind you that was 1998!). After hearing reports of the dreadful traffic (I can't remember it being such a problem back then) I'm now thinking of a split stay. I was hoping to spend more nights in the LA area so we weren't completely living out of a suitcase after driving down from SF.

Burbank seems a good location for Universal and Warner Bros which are on our to do list. Just wondered about places to eat and shop nearby? I'm liking the look of 'The Tangerine' too but all recommendations are welcome. We are 2 adults and 2 kids

Thanks!

MIC Lakefront 1991,Holiday Inn Int 97
Quality Inn Plaza 2000, Quality Inn Int 09
LBV Resort & Spa 12 & 15
mooshcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in Burbank for four days at the end of July. I originally booked the Tangerine hotel but then changed it to the Springhill Suites at a great price. It's a new hotel, we had a room with two queen beds and a separate seating area with another fold out bed (four of us). It had free buffet breakfast which included cooked items and was quite good. It was in a great area, loads of restaurants, cinema, shopping mall, all within walking distance. Universal was an easy ten minute drive. We felt very safe even late at night walking around. It had a nice pool on the second floor, where they also had a lovely sitting area and fire pits at night. Only slight downside was a $15 per night parking charge, although they messed ours up and I only paid for one night! Think we paid about £150 per night which for the area was pretty good.
Hope this helps.
Carolynne

Edited at 08:30 PM.
carolynne67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm staying at the tangerine next week based on a recommendation (next week! Squee) looks to be plenty around it happy to report back after

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mooshcat
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
I'm staying at the tangerine next week based on a recommendation (next week! Squee) looks to be plenty around it happy to report back after
Oh yes please do! How exciting for you how long are you there for? Xx

LBV Resort & Spa 12 & 15
mooshcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mooshcat
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by carolynne67 View Post
We stayed in Burbank for four days at the end of July. I originally booked the Tangerine hotel but then changed it to the Springhill Suites at a great price. It's a new hotel, we had a room with two queen beds and a separate seating area with another fold out bed (four of us). It had free buffet breakfast which included cooked items and was quite good. It was in a great area, loads of restaurants, cinema, shopping mall, all within walking distance. Universal was an easy ten minute drive. We felt very safe even late at night walking around. It had a nice pool on the second floor, where they also had a lovely sitting area and fire pits at night. Only slight downside was a $15 per night parking charge, although they messed ours up and I only paid for one night! Think we paid about £150 per night which for the area was pretty good.
Hope this helps.
Carolynne
Oh thank you, I'll have a look at that one too

LBV Resort & Spa 12 & 15
Old 11 Sep 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mooshcat View Post
Oh yes please do! How exciting for you how long are you there for? Xx
5 nights in LA it's out first west coast trip and although people have said it's probably too long I wanted the chance to settle into the trip, we've got tickets for Warner bros (walking distance) and universal (planning on uber) and also want to visit the space shuttle and beaches as well as maybe an afternoon at the walk of fame and driving through Hollywood so I suspect it will soon fill up

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mooshcat
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
5 nights in LA it's out first west coast trip and although people have said it's probably too long I wanted the chance to settle into the trip, we've got tickets for Warner bros (walking distance) and universal (planning on uber) and also want to visit the space shuttle and beaches as well as maybe an afternoon at the walk of fame and driving through Hollywood so I suspect it will soon fill up
Oh no I think that sounds fab. I know it's been a long time since we were there but I really liked LA. I could easily fill up 2 weeks there I'm sure. X

LBV Resort & Spa 12 & 15
Old 13 Sep 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

we spent 6 nights in LA in July and could easily have spent A LOT longer there.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in North Hollywood. It is on Burbank Blvd and I cannot praise this hotel enough. the staff were amazing, the breakfast was lovely (you get breakfast each day of your stay and you can take fruit, yoghurt etc away with you each day if you want). It was spacious, clean, had a fab quiet pool and is really close to the North Hollywood train station which takes you straight into Hollywood Blvd in 2 stops. The train system is so simple to use. We went to both Universal and to WB - both of these were close by but not within walking distance. We used UBER for WB and the train for Universal which was 1 stop.

Santa Monica is easy to get to also on the train system - it is also really cheap but takes quite a while. You get to see some nice sights on the way though.

We did think on hiring a car there but so glad we didn't. We dropped our car off at Burbank Airport on the day we arrived and then picked up again on day we left to head to Vegas.

The hop on hop off bus is fantastic and if you do all the routes you will see so much of LA and Santa Monica. I think there are 4 - we did 3 of them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread