Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jun 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldlovers
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Watts5988 View Post
Definitely not. My ticket is in a landfill somewhere in Orlando.
Some of the best rides in Orlando are at seaworld
Seaworldlovers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Seaworldlovers View Post
Some of the best rides in Orlando are at seaworld
Indeed but the rest of the park is fairly awful
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Indeed but the rest of the park is fairly awful
I totally agree. They also have the poorest staff regarding manners, organisation and knowledge. Guest relations team were shockingly bad in Seaworld, to the point where we walked away as I was getting angry.
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jellie View Post
Hi, there’s a deal on the groupon at the moment, tickets are $29 each
Got my hopes up there! Valid until 29 June so no good for us in August but may help someone - cheers!
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Got my hopes up there! Valid until 29 June so no good for us in August but may help someone - cheers!
Probably be even less for August as it’s off peak
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We love aquatica and have even been for a cheeky week and just used it as a beach!
We bought Annual tickets on their website as they worked out cheaper . Parking is then included ,we take our own towels and you can take food in , but no family size bags of crisps or anything with straws.
Their website tells you what you can take in , we even take a small cooler in and decant big crisp bags into sandwich bags before we go , never had an issue.
They do meal deals but they aren’t worth the money to us.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Watts5988 View Post
Our first visit to Aquatica will be our last, absolutely hated it!

No wait times shown on the rides made it all guess work.

Understaffed and no hand out maps so we had to keep going back to one of the billboard type maps which are sparsely dotted around. I asked one member for directions and she told me that if I kept walking I would meet another member who might know the way. lol, I thought it was a joke.

Queues for drinks are not organised, pretty much a free for all. You pay for your drink then serve yourself, which is fine if somebody informs you at the start before joining the chaos.

To cut a long story short, we only lasted an hour and half before giving up and going back to the hotel.

We went to Sea world later that evening and had a similar rubbish experience so our 14 day Seaworld ticket is now going in the bin.
I find this a bit of a strange reaction really. No water parks I've seen show wait times, certainly none in Orlando (and Volcano Bay doesn't count as TapuTapu booking times don't consider the queue time once your slot is available). A lot of waterparks I've been to in Europe are also severely lacking in the map department, i.e. you might get a paper one when you enter, sometimes not even that, but no water park is ever large enough that you can't work it out for yourself.

I would tend to agree that SeaWorld comes below their competitors for staffing quality but I've never seen that have a significant impact on the enjoyment of our visits to any of their locations. Frankly, the experience of all of the SeaWorld locations in Florida was that they were cheaper, quieter and more relaxed than their Disney/Universal counterparts.

Even if that hadn't been the case, my appalling experience at MK last year certainly didn't make me throw my whole Disney ticket away! I don't wish to sound unkind but I get the feeling from this post that you visited already expecting to hate the place and went looking for problems to justify that.
Old 7 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

I bought the ticket hoping to have a good time not expecting to hate any of the parks it had to offer.
Typhoon lagoon had wait time and also Volcano Bay.

Our locker wouldn't open in Seaworld for no apparent reason. It took 55 minutes and 3 reminders to get a ignorant little member of staff to open our locker. During this time he wanted ID and payment before he would open it, this quite difficult when all my possessions are inside that metal chamber that he refuses to open. The delay caused us to miss the Electric Ocean show. An added bonus was when a rat ran along the paving bricks and along everyones feet who were sat on a bench (including my daughters).

Guest relations kindly offered a ticket for free entry the next day which is pretty useless when you have a 14 day already.

Perhaps now you get why I won't be going back to anything Seaworld related?

Just to add, I've been to Seaworld 3 years ago on a 1day and enjoyed the show. Now I'm totally put off.
Watts5988 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

As far as I recall, at TL there are 'wait time x minutes from this point' signs which are even less scientific than regular posted wait signs, they also usually have a minimum interval of around 15 minutes, which is already a long queue for a water park - with the exception of Blizzard Beach, I found the vast majority of wait times less than that in all the Florida water parks anyway.

The locker incident is pretty poor and I agree that an additional day during a 14-day ticket is not acceptable recompense, but I'm not sure binning the remainder of the tickets is the step I would have taken. I've had plenty of mishaps at Universal concerning lockers, not 55 minutes in one sitting I admit, but collectively probably about that. It's a situation that would have annoyed me for sure, where I might take it up with customer relations after the visit and keep at them until they took appropriate action, but even then I can't say it would make me 'hate' the entire park, let alone the entire resort.

There is so much that can potentially go wrong during a trip like this, that at least something is bound to. I think you could have done far worse!

Edited at 04:11 PM.
ratmanscoop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Watts5988
Dancing with Tink'

I agree it could have been far worse. I've removed the possability of another bad day at anything Seaworld related by binning the ticket.

I'm not a complainer, if something is "poor" shall we say, I just leave and don't come back. Each to their own I suppose, but I can't see me returning in the near future as I still hate Aquatica after my experience.