Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
I've just checked the app and, typically, my outbound tickets are fare code K which you can't upgrade from. My inbound tickets are fare code S which you can upgrade from but I can't see how to check the price in the app. Can anyone give me some pointers please?
I’ve just checked my fare code and both ways are K for me, yet I’m seeing upgrade costs for both ways.

I may be wrong, but is it that they’re just not upgradable with Miles, but you can still upgrade with cash?
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
I was told once the fares software keeps tabs on people checking and adjust for perceived demand - thats probably why each time you checked on that one day it was a higher price each time.
That wouldn’t surprise me. However when it first came down to £375, me and DH checked the upgrade costs a lot over the next few days and it stayed fairly static in price for a while, even dropping an extra £20 or so rather than going up. I’ve put it down to luck now!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Was this £192 per person? Even so I would be tempted. I thought UC would be wildly expensive.
Yes it was. We originally booked PE out and UC coming back and that came in at around £1600. So adding in the £192 still brought it in under £1800. It is a lot of money in total but we only go every 5-6 years so we save for treats like that.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Is there an age limit to UC? I'm assuming they don't want squealing kids wrecking the ambiance, which kind of rules me out for a few years.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

I've noticed an offer to place a bid to upgrade on the VA site, is this the same as the upgrade offer that's being mentioned?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Is there an age limit to UC? I'm assuming they don't want squealing kids wrecking the ambiance, which kind of rules me out for a few years.
I don't think there is, but someone will be along shortly with a definite answer
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OK. To answer some questions.

No restrictions on a child of any age having a seat in UC. Some of the youngsters I have seen in the cabin are the best behaved.

Bid for an Upgrade is not the same as an upgrade price tab you see next to your booking. The bid tab opens up a new window where you can move the slider and select your bid. Waste of time.

Best upgrade price we have had was £43. We have had £84 as well.
I actually upgraded last night on live chat from Florida as the price dropped in a day from £1200 to something I was happier with and I am as tight as a ducks ≈≈≈≈ on upgrade prices!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
jonesy_86
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OK. To answer some questions.

No restrictions on a child of any age having a seat in UC. Some of the youngsters I have seen in the cabin are the best behaved.

Bid for an Upgrade is not the same as an upgrade price tab you see next to your booking. The bid tab opens up a new window where you can move the slider and select your bid. Waste of time.

Best upgrade price we have had was £43. We have had £84 as well.
I actually upgraded last night on live chat from Florida as the price dropped in a day from £1200 to something I was happier with and I am as tight as a ducks ≈≈≈≈ on upgrade prices!
Hey Tom, any logic to the timing of looking for an upgrade, i.e how many days out from flight etc?
jonesy_86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for the tips. When I look in the app, all UC seats are marked as unavailable and no upgrade price appears (either outbound or inbound). Maybe I'm destined to never be able to fly UC unless I brave the live chat.

Just had a thought though. I've booked through VH rather than direct with VA. Would that make a difference? I can see the flights in the VA app.
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by jonesy_86 View Post
Hey Tom, any logic to the timing of looking for an upgrade, i.e how many days out from flight etc?
No logic at all. It's a watch and wait game sadly

Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
Thanks for the tips. When I look in the app, all UC seats are marked as unavailable and no upgrade price appears (either outbound or inbound). Maybe I'm destined to never be able to fly UC unless I brave the live chat.

Just had a thought though. I've booked through VH rather than direct with VA. Would that make a difference? I can see the flights in the VA app.
Therein lies your problem. Only VA customers get to see the seats in the next cabin up and prices to upgrade. Any upgrade negotiations will have to be via VH for you not VA.

A quirk for VA passengers is we can't see the cabin below however. Hence if we fly PE I can't see how the Econ cabin is filling up as it's all greyed out. I'm sad! I like to see how things are going

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List