Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

2021 - Alternative Plans?

Hi Guys

Following on from my ‘Who’s (mad enough to be) Planning for 2021 thread which saw a lot of people as crazy as me planning that far ahead

I was wondering, if Disney cancel Free Dining for 2021, has anybody got an alternative plan?

I’m starting to consider a few things just incase, we like the idea of a luxury resort with ‘condo’ like facilities but with water parks, multiple restaurants etc like The Grove or Omni Champions Gate

I just wondered (i have too much time on my hands clearly lol)
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing a split stay in 2021 anyway so if a Disney hotel is out of the question we will either stay longer in a villa or stay longer at universal.
I would look into maybe buying some DVC points and stay onsite that way. It would all depend on cost to be honest
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

We are planning on doing some time at universal, so rather do 4 nights universal then transfer to Disney, I would go the other way round - but probably stay at a villa then do universal. I love driving in the states and as much as I love staying on site, I wouldn’t do an off site hotel again. But, Disney will do free dining in 2021

(Ooh, and add a little trip on a boat to castaway cay...)
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

We're planning on staying onsite in a Moderate in 2021 (hopefully POFQ), I guess the backup plan would be to stay in a value instead and either add on the dining plan or just pay for food!

Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still do free dining!
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Our back up plan is a partner hotel near Disney Springs with a hire car but the scare of no more free dining happens every year so I'm confident plan A will work.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve not thought of an alternative plan I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for free dining. Anyone any ideas of when the anniversary celebrations will begin ? We are planning very end of August into September hopefully they will have started by then (another lot of fingers crossed )😂
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re hoping to get 6 days at Disney at the start, if we don’t we’ll probably look at either universal or extending the villa. My concern isn’t so much if free dining will be offered but what the increase is going to be in price for 2021. I’m expecting it to be borderline as to how cost effective it will be.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

If there's no free dining we will just stay offsite, or potentially a value resort if there's not too much of a price difference. Otherwise we will look to stay in a moderate with QSDP.

I doubt they will get rid of free dining though - certainly not for the dates we want to go (off peak). Every year people speculate they will remove free dining and every year they announce it

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for your input guys, to be honest I’ve seen the “no Free DDP next year’ for a lot of years and I’m also quietly confident that it will be available for 2021 albeit with a few more restrictions maybe?

Also a part of me doesnt want the 50 year celebrations to start until September, we will be home by then and hopefully will make for quieter parks for our stay with people putting their stays off until the celebrations start

I was there on the day for 25th Year Celebrations and it was metal lol
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

It'll be interesting to see if they cut back free dining dates further for 2021 re the 50th, even potentially stop it. Question is will they. I'm afraid it's just a waiting game in the meantime.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List