Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Aug 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney Genie - A New Planning App coming Next Year

At D23 Expo 2019, details were unveiled by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek for "Disney Genie," a revolutionary new digital offering set to debut in late 2020

that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World Resort. Joining other innovations like the MagicBand, Disney Genie is being designed to help you make the most out of your visit, whether you’re a first-time guest or a seasoned pro.

Disney Genie will make planning easier and more fun by providing customized itineraries geared to your interests, right at your fingertips – from a royal, princess-themed day at Magic Kingdom Park to a trip around the world at Epcot for foodies and even a perfect day for thrill seekers. Certain features of Disney Genie will also be available through your preferred travel professional.

Sometimes you may know exactly what you want to do, but may not know the best time or order in which to do it. You’ll be able to tell Disney Genie what you’d like to experience, and it will quickly evaluate millions of options to present you with an optimal day. And best of all, it’s flexible! If you change your mind for any reason, Disney Genie will re-optimise your day.

Disney Genie can also send you real-time tips and updates, including recommendations for experiences it thinks you'll love, helping you navigate the theme parks with added convenience and comfort. If you don't want to worry about making reservations in multiple steps, Disney Genie will even take care of that for you.

This represents yet another way we are using creativity and innovation to connect guests with the stories and characters they love, and to help them make lasting, magical memories with the family and friends they cherish most. Over the past several years, Disney parks have become more seamless and enjoyable through other digital offerings, such as mobile food ordering, the Play Disney Parks app, online check-in and so much more.
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

I wonder how much it will cost ?
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Seems like someone at Disney IT saw what the likes of TouringPlans was doing and thought, "We need to get a slice of that!".

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Sometimes you may know exactly what you want to do, but may not know the best time or order in which to do it. You’ll be able to tell Disney Genie what you’d like to experience, and it will quickly evaluate millions of options to present you with an optimal day
Genie App: "I've reviewed your options to see all the possible outcomes of the coming day"
Me: "How many did you evaluate?"
Genie App: "Fourteen million six hundred and five"
Me: "How many did I get to ride on Flight of Passage?"
Genie App: "One".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Genie App: "I've reviewed your options to see all the possible outcomes of the coming day"
Me: "How many did you evaluate?"
Genie App: "Fourteen million six hundred and five"
Me: "How many did I get to ride on Flight of Passage?"
Genie App: "One".

“One” ! That’s a bit optimistic isn’t it

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Hmmm I am a bit sceptical about this app...can't get MDE to work half the time!

Maybe they should have looked at upgrading their IT systems before working on this app.
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Suspect paid for Fastpasses will come with this.
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thanx but no thanx I'd rather make my own decisions than spend time telling an unruly app my likes n dislikes for me then for my DH as they are both different, then having to do them myself anyway cause I didnt like those on offer!
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Hmmm I am a bit sceptical about this app...can't get MDE to work half the time!

Maybe they should have looked at upgrading their IT systems before working on this app.
Given Disney's track record in IT, I can see people getting annoyed with this app - especially if they've had to pay for it. Let's hope they do a better job of the infrastructure behind this Genie app than they did with the MDE app.

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Suspect paid for Fastpasses will come with this.
Yes, possibly.

Perhaps when it "optimises your day", it might pop up a message saying you could save X minutes if you fastpassed attraction Y. Do you wish to purchase a fastpass for attraction Y for £7.99? And when you first log-in they could offer a special starter pack of one tier-1 fastpass and three tier-2 fastpasses for £29.99. They could turn a visit to WDW into a Pay-To-Win mobile game full of microtransactions.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

My first impression is that they are going to use this to promote experiences which incur an additional cost and which have availability, e.g. suggest going for a haircut at MK or trying a meal at a restaurant which they know is not fully booked.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I'm intrigued by this.

Disney have computer systems that can't interact with each other , and MDE is such a pain in the backside to use, clunky is being polite.
The Memory Maker part of the whole thing has got worse rather than better and the wifi keeps dropping out to make it useless.

I hope this Genie has a whole lot of magic to make some of the most frustrating parts of Disney planning and experiences just a little bit better
I will avoid holding my breath and still keep swearing at MDE, whilst trying to download photos from our recent trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List