AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Day 11 - What a Palazzo!

What a Palazzo!

Opened a little over a month ago, this is the second hotel by the man that brought Vegas The Venetian, and like it’s predecessor it is Italian in style.

Now I know regular readers might think I have a bit of an ice-bucket fetish going on of late, but this hotel has the best one. It has a neat grate and pourer! You can easily dispose of the excess water that has melted into the bottom! Also, the ice room is 10m from the door - which is the shortest run. It also dispenses really quickly.

Heaven. Hmm. What else to say ;-) Oh yeah, the room.

One of the marketing tricks they employ, is to call every room a suite. But in fairness, each room is way above the standard of the average room in the plush strip hotels by far.

9-10 adults could sit in the lounge area easily, and more if they were friendly

Two big TV’s adorn the main room, and another in the bathroom. There is quality stone finishes everywhere, great pictures, double doors to closets and the bathroom, a separate toilet room and many interesting paintings. I can count 8 large ones from the desk.

Internet access is the cheapest I have seen, too, ay $9.95 a night including wireless. None of that fixed wire rubbish like the Luxor and Bellagio forcing you to be chained to a desk or at the Luxor the bed! (The Luxor suite didn’t actually have a desk at all.)

The view from this side of the hotel is of the Wynn pool area, golf course and mountains. If it was our only room I would have waited for a strip side view, but I think we’ve done that to death this trip. I can always get my 480mm lens out and look over the naked pool area of the Wynn. (Did I say that, or just think it? )

The safe even has a power socket in it, so you can charge your goodies while they are safe! Wow!

...and there is space left in the mini-bar fridge for your own drinks! You don't get that in WDW

The final thing about the Palazzo is the nice map, welcome guide and key folder they give you when you check in. Without a doubt one of the nicest. They also, however, use a little PDA to make you sign and agree to all sorts of things like giving away your firstborn if you so much as take a packet of peanuts from the minibar. But if it keeps prices down, I’m happy. Especially when it’s not my credit card

One complaint, and it was a small day spoiler, is that the hotel web site makes great mention of a wonderful spa with various environmental area’s like an igloo, rain, heat and other rooms you walk through in the same way one normally uses a spa and steam room.

But it isn’t even built yet.

Edited at 03:36 AM.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Room is great! Cant believe how big it is!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Fantastic looking hotel - interesting to read the various costs for wireless. I'm at the Signature in 3 weeks and they make a charge of about £50 for the week which includes: 2 bottles of water a day, a newspaper local calls and wireless internet. I know other hotels charge a dollar a day for local calls.

Just a suggestion (and if you have time) it would be great if you could rate all the hotels you've stayed in on this trip, you are in a fantastic position to compare.

Have a fantastic time for the rest of your holiday.
Old 22 Feb 08, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow, now this looks the Biz.
Massive room, is that a standard room or delux?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
it looks fantastic... naked pool you say... hmmmm!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Pretty impressive room
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Room looks fantastic, cant believe the size of it

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
hayleyandhilda
Imagineer

wow that room looks amazing
2015 sunset lakes - dibbvilla owed by sunset lakes
hayleyandhilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 08, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
omg! it looks fantastic
Old 22 Feb 08, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jolloyd81
Apprentice Imagineer

jolloyd81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
what a beautiful room.

Oct/Nov 2023 - Villa Holiday
Oct 2017 - Dibb Villa, May 2012 - Dibb Villa
2010 Oct - Dibb Villa
2008 & 2007 villa/2005 villa/2003 I Drive/2001 I Drive
jolloyd81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List