Old 12 May 08, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
2 Weeks in Thailand -Thursday 14th February - Chiang Mai

We set an alarm this morning to enable us to just make breakfast. We were getting picked up today at 11 to go on an ATV tour of the area and then had booked a deluxe massage as a valentines present to each other as our hotel was a health spa.

We waited in the lobby and chatted to the staff and soon we were collected.

We were driven up the mountain a bit until we came to a field with some quad bikes in.

I was glad we were both given helmets as the sun was strong today. We had 2 thai guides who were very lovely and gave us sweets as it was Valentines day, they asked us if we knew what it was!

It was lovely to talk to them, they both supported Man U and dreamed of seeing snow!

After a bit of training we both set off, we didn’t get many pictures today as the path was quite bumpy and we were trying to concentrate. I was a bit scared as the path was quite narrow and went straight off the side of a cliff but I managed.

I did hit the accelerator trigger instead of the brake once or twice and went hurtling down the hill which Dave found very funny.

The views were amazing and they took us up to this hill village to have a look round. There were lots of basic huts then this one amazing house that the chief lived in!

It was hard work and we were dirty and achy so had to have a quick shower and change before our massage, we managed time for a pint and toastie too as we were starving.

The hotel had left us 2 red roses in our room which was very sweet of them.

We were led in and then we realised that the popcorn liquid of the other day was actually a drink.

We had to change into a silk outfit and had our feet washed and soaked.

We were then taken to this room where there were two futons on the floor and pummelled for a couple of hours.

At the time they were so firm with the muscles that bits did hurt a bit but afterwards I had never felt better, they said to drink plenty of water to flush the toxins out so off we trotted for a pint of strongbow!

After changing we went to a restaurant for dinner but it was very busy so didn’t stay there too long after dinner. I think we both had steak but because it was Valentines Day it was full of Thai couples as well as tourists and young people.

It had a big thermometer though and this was the temperature at 10.30, hardly cold!

We managed to get a table at the Riverside right by the river and watched the music, it had been an amazing valentines day. They came round and gave me a free red rose too so I had load of flowers.

Dave had been going to buy me some flowers from the night bazaar as some of them were stunning and so cheap but I thought was a waste as we were leaving again the day after tomorrow so I was please to now have 3 red roses!

We had a very full day planned tomorrow so we went to bed after admiring the hotel lit up at night
Old 12 May 08, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

lol, we ate in the riverside as dh's Dad lives round the corner from it and the Rarinjinda, did you notice a tall apartment block as you came over the bridge from the night bazaar? that's where we stayed for most of our 11 days in Chiang Mai- when we ate in the riverside it was 42 degrees! that was during the day though and in April.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 08, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day ~ I love massages ~ would have been well up for the quad biking followed by a massage!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 08, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day, the quad biking sounds fab
Old 14 May 08, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
≈≈≈≈ at them recommending water to wash out the toxins and
you go and have a strongbow

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 08, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by charliesangel View Post
lol, we ate in the riverside as dh's Dad lives round the corner from it and the Rarinjinda, did you notice a tall apartment block as you came over the bridge from the night bazaar? that's where we stayed for most of our 11 days in Chiang Mai- when we ate in the riverside it was 42 degrees! that was during the day though and in April.
Wow living in Chiang Mai! I don't remember the tower block I'm afraid. It was hot enough for me in Feb! Phew
Old 14 May 08, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
≈≈≈≈ at them recommending water to wash out the toxins and
you go and have a strongbow
Would that not have the same effect?
Old 15 May 08, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

Sounds like a lovely way to spend Valentines I'd be interested to know who you booked all your trips with? Could you pm me some links if you have any? My DH is talking about looking around Thailand more next year instead of just spending the whole time in Phuket diving!

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What an exciting day. I'm not sure I'd trusy myself on a quad bike. You're braver than me.
Old 15 May 08, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

A great day, quad bikes look fun!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List