Old 12 May 08, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
2 Weeks in Thailand - Friday 15th February - Chiang Mai

We did so much today that I’m going to find it hard to remember it all but bear with me and I’ll try to get it all.

We got up early as we were getting collected at the crack of dawn, we go to reception but I realise I’ve forgotten my hat so run back to the room. I come down to find that Dave had already found the tour guide, he said his name was Tony and asked mine, when I said Mitch he was very confused, but said ok Madam Mitch, then asked if Sir Mitch would also like to follow him.

I look at Dave who was laughing and he whispered that when he came in he had a booking under the name of Mitch and Dave stood up so he thought that was his name, I think he then thought it was our surname and both weren’t saying our first names so we got called Sir and Madam Mitch all day!

About half an hour out of Chiang Mai he said that we had made better time than he thought and we could either stop at a market or an orchid farm first for free.

We were all marketed out as they are everywhere so we chose the orchid farm. They gave us the most beautiful orchids to wear which I tried to keep alive with bottled water all day, I did manage with mine actually and had quite a collection of flowers now, shame we were going to Phuket tomorrow.

There was also a butterfly section which was pretty amazing.

We were well pleased with this little detour and we went to the elephant camp, we were too early for the demonstration so Tony took us to see a baby elephant that was born too small and would have died if it wasn’t for the camp. She was called Mini and I also then wanted an elephant. She was so beautiful and friendly.

We then saw them walk the elephants to the river and gave them a bath which was so funny, the older ones just sat there but the younger ones played and sprayed water everywhere.

We got to feed them with bamboo and they were so funny.

They then did a logging demo, was amazing at the size of logs they could pick up!

With our tour we had a longer elephant ride, this was our heffalump, we called her Bernard!

We were sad to leave this place as they were such impressive animals but we had a lot to get through for the rest of the day.

We were taken to this amazing restaurant at the bottom of the huge mountain, the third biggest in Thailand for lunch. It had huts you could rent and would have been great to stay there for a night, it was so peaceful.

We had water buffalo stew and chicken with cashew buts for lunch which was so tasty! We thought it was beef to begin with.

After that we were taken to these caves. Tony asked if we wanted to do the adventure walk or the normal one, Dave immediately piped up adventure which I was unsure about as I had a bit of tum ache but the worst thing about it was seeing this HUGE spider.

We were then dropped off to go on a bamboo raft down the river. We were on it for 45 mins but didn’t realise that that the poor bloke had to unstrap the bamboo and walk back the way we came up the river bank. It was baking too.

We were approaching the end of our trip and we stopped at a Karen village. This was a tribe with long neck ladies. They were making these scarves and our tour guide asked us if we would buy one. It took them all day to make and they were beautiful but they were only charging £1.50 each, we bought 5!

When we got back we said goodbye to Tony and showered and changed.

We went for dinner along the river and spent ages in the riverside as we were so sad to have finished 2 stages of our holiday!
Old 12 May 08, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

One last pic of Chiang Mai at night
Old 12 May 08, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Love the baby elephants Madam Mitch!

The last photo of Chiang Mai at night is beautiful ~ great report ~ thanks for sharing!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 08, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wonderful day and brilliant photos
Old 14 May 08, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Awww how cute is Mini the elephant

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

Another lovely day you've seen so much already looking forward to seeing what you thought of Phuket

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lol Madam Mitch & Sir Mitch... what a wonderful day. I love elephants, that baby one is so cute. I can't believe you managed to cram so much into one day.
Old 15 May 08, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Love the elephants, so cute.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
what a busy day! the wee elephant is gorgeous and the wee girls with those rings round their necks are beautiful ( I thought they had stopped that practice though? )
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List