Old 13 May 08, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
2 Weeks in Thailand - Monday 18th Feb - Phuket

Today was the big day and I felt sick. I woke up before Dave for practically the first time in my life and waited for him to wake up.
We hadn’t set an alarm this morning as Thailand is ahead of the UK and although ACCA say the e-mail will come in at lunchtime it has never arrived after 6am. I had hoped I would sleep a bit longer. I wasn’t hungry anyway and decided we would eat at the snack bar once I got my results. The earliest was just after midnight so I hopped around then just thought would go down for a quick check at just after 5am English time.

Funnily enough it had just popped through about 30 seconds before I logged on and there it was. I felt sick. I had Dave sat outside waiting for me, I opened it.

Your examination results for the December 2007 session issued on 18-FEB-08 are:

Paper Details: F8INT Aud. & Ass.
Result: Pass
Mark: 55
Paper Details: P1 Prof. Acc.
Mark: 62
Paper Details: P3 Bus. Ana.
Mark: 61

WOW WOW WOW.

It was P3 that I was convinced I had failed, I still think they got someone elses paper!

Bit of a close call with audit, the pass mark is 50% but it’s a pass.

This meant I had 2 more exams to sit then I was done. We went up to the main pool and ordered a celebratory cocktail and some lunch.

I felt a little bit flat today though for some reason. I had worried about it for so long but I think I missed my family and friends being pleased for me I think and work and everyone ringing etc etc.

Dave was amazing though and we planned a night out into Patong for later. I had decided that staying in Patong was not for us as it is a lot more lively but we did want to see it all anyway.

After a lazy afternoon we got a tuk tuk into Patong. I fancied Indian as it had been at least a week after our last curry but we couldn’t find one. Eventually we came across this man with a sign for an Indian restaurant trying to get customers in. We followed him as we were getting hungry and it was empty. We had gone to Patong as was supposed to be the party place and we were in a restaurant on our own!

They tried to rip us off loads as we ordered drinks but there was no price list on the menu. I ordered a glass of white wine but as wine could be fairly expensive in Thailand I worried that it may cost a bit. Dave said not to worry but when he tried to give me another one I asked him how much they charged. It turned out it was nearly £8.
We ordered one rice and one naan to share and were brought 2, when we tried to explain they didn’t appear to understand English.

It turned out very expensive and wasn’t a great meal so were happy to disappear.

We went for a wander and this place was crazy but much less sleazy than Patpong in Bangkok. There were plenty of lady boys and had a great time trying to decide man or woman.

We had a few drinks in various bars but I was still feeling a bit flat so decided to head back to Kata about 11.

We wandered down to the Ska bar for a last cocktail as we were trying to go here every night then we went to bed. We had a trip booked to James Bond island tomorrow
Old 13 May 08, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Congratulations on your exam results!

That pineapple drink looks gorgeous
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 08, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well done on passing your exams Your drinks look lovely
Old 13 May 08, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

well done you on passing all 3 yes 3
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 08, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Thanks everyone!
Old 14 May 08, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Well Done! Love the pics... so did DH
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Can he work out which are men though?
Old 15 May 08, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

Yay well done on passing all your exams
sorry to hear you were ripped of with your meal
My DH has never had any problems with restaurants in Patong. He always eats at the little Thai restaurants.

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Well done on you're results mitch

That cocktail looks lovely

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 08, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Congratulations on your exam results!

I'm sure the "is it a man or woman" game is very entertaining, Lol.