Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Jun 08, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Don’t touch the money – Day 3 Wednesday June 3rd 2008

I woke up this morning with a big – OUCH – my shoulders were badly burned from the day before, honestly I never learn I had loads of sun screen on yesterday, but still burnt my shoulders probably when I was standing in the pool doing the aqua fit, followed by the Egyptian dancing. I wouldn’t be doing either today as I could hardly move my arms for the pain.
We went off to breakfast, where I made a grand entrance courtesy of my other half. Bill tripped on his way into the restaurant and as he was behind me he went crashing into me sending me flying. I landed hard on my knees so now I had sore knees to go with my sore shoulders. Bill was vey apologetic, so I let him fetch my breakfast for me whilst I sat at the table nursing my sore knees
We had another lovely breakfast just as we had the day before. After breakfast we went to see the Thomson rep to see how to have my phone returned. I was hoping it could be returned via one of the coaches that came to the hotel daily. She said there shouldn’t be a problem with this.
We had intended to go snorkeling today, but thought better of it due to my sunburn as there was no shade in the Red Sea. So once again we headed to the pool where I either sat in the shade or went in the pool wearing a t-shirt. At one point when we were in the pool there were a couple of guys in there talking about guns and motor bikes. I wondered how long it would be before Bill joined in on their conversation, well it was about 3 minutes. Soon they were all talking about bikes and shooting guns when they had been on Florida holidays. Boys and their toys eh?
Later on we went for a walk along the beach and enjoyed a cocktail or 2 (well I did, Bill had a Stella).

We then retired to our room as it was late afternoon. We both immediately fell asleep. Ahmed (who had my phone) woke us up when he rang to arrange for the phone to be returned to me. We arranged to meet him at 8.30 that evening in the hotel lobby. We went to the bar at 7.30 for a drink while we waited for Ahmed. Just before 8.30 we took our drinks into the lobby while we waited for Ahmed. Shortly after that a man came up to us and said ‘are you Mrs Julie from Newcastle’ I said I was, and he shook my hand and said ‘ah Mrs Julie, from Newcastle you know Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan and The Northern Rock?’
Now Bill and I both thought he may try to charge us for his time and the texts to Susie etc, but he didn’t. He was a perfect gentleman and seemed really pleased when Bill gave him some money for his trouble. We asked him if he’d like to join us for a drink but he said he had to get home as he’d only just finished work. We were hungry by this time as we’d had nothing to eat since breakfast, so we went back to the Chinese restaurant we’d tried on our first night. We were recognized immediately and were thanked profusely for returning to their restaurant, which seemed a little strange as we only returned because a) the food was great and b) we were very hungry and wanted somewhere we knew was good. Once again we had a lovely meal and returned to the hotel afterwards. We sat outside with a drink while we watched the ‘entertainment,’ which consisted of a pub type singer.

He was OK but missed a few high notes. He did make one old dear’s night though as he got her up to dance and sang to her looking in her eyes all the while. She was hanging on to him, obviously loving every minute of it, which was nice for her.

We went back to our room at around 11 again. These days of doing nothing were making us really tired. Ah we were loving this relaxing holiday malarkey.

Edited at 08:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing.

Bob
Old 11 Jun 08, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you got your phone back - Ahmed phoned to tell me he'd returned it to you and to hear my voice He said I sounded like a queen from Newcastle so when I told him I was from Aberdeen not Newcastle he asked if I supported Celtic or Glasgow Rangers
Old 11 Jun 08, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A really nice relaxing day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 08, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
Glad you got your phone back - Ahmed phoned to tell me he'd returned it to you and to hear my voice He said I sounded like a queen from Newcastle so when I told him I was from Aberdeen not Newcastle he asked if I supported Celtic or Glasgow Rangers
LMAO - what does a queen from Newcastle sound like I wonder?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Nice day apart from the sunburn and the fall at breakfast - at least nothing broken!

Sunburn, I know how you feel!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear about your sunburn and your knees
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

So glad you got your phone back - How funny what he said about alan shearer etc hehehe lovely piccies x
Old 12 Jun 08, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fayeg View Post
So glad you got your phone back - How funny what he said about alan shearer etc hehehe lovely piccies x
It was the Northern Rock comment that really made me laugh
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Beach looks lovely
Ahmed sounds like a gem of a man

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List