Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 Sep 08, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking Food Photos from Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel

I know alot of you like Food Photos so i thought i'd share a couple with you from our recent trip to Jamaica.

The main restaurant was buffet style so i didn't take any photos in here as some days were better than others, food wise. Generally the choice in there for Dinner consited of; Soup, Cold Meats & Salads, Traditional Jamaican Corner, Vegetarian Corner, Carvery, Pasta & Rice Dishes, Kids Corner & then Desserts.

If there was ever a night were we didn't think there was much choice we would raid the Kids Corner () for the culinary delights of the Chips and Chicken Nuggests which were served their regularly.

Lunch was the same as Dinner, and Breakfast you had the choice of; Cereals, Toast, Omlettes/Eggs, Pancakes, French Toast, Bacon, Sausage etc. I used to love having Pancakes with my breakfast

We visited all of the 3 a la carté restaurants. The Steak House was visited the most; 3 times as this was our favourite both for food and service. The Chinese (Ginger Lily) was visited twice: the second time was just because the other two a la cartés were closed and we hoped we would get better service than the first time. Unfortunately it didn't and we didn't enjoy it either time we ate there. Finally the Italian (Il Diva) was only visited once however we did enjoy this and had wanted to eat there again but it was closed the night we had wanted a reservation.

Needless to say i didn't take any photos in Ginger Lily as during both our visits there, the service and food was disappointing. We felt like we were placed in a corner out of the way, and didn't seem to get the general waiter service as good as the other diners were getting towards the centre of the room.

The food was a let down too as it was always served, just warm so it was virtually cold by the time you had finished it. Also the second time we visited, they took so long bringing out our main meals, that we were all dozing off at the table I ate, Chicken Wings as my Appetiser, Chicken and Sweetcorn soup then Chicken Chow Mein.

The food in Il Diva was lovely but we were so hungry for our food that i only got a photo of my dessert. All the waiters gave great service and even sang to a lady across the room as it was her birthday! I ate Tomato and Herb soup, Lasagne and then for dessert...Chocolate Mousse with Mango Coulee, Pieces of Fruit and Cream. It was delicious!

I took quite a few photos in the Steak House as the food was great and we had a wonderful waiter called Kevin. He was always smiling and called the men "Sir" and the women "Beautiful Lady." Once everyone had finished their meals he would come back over to our table to show us some of his tricks for added entertainment. They were only little puzzles with toothpicks, but they really made the difference in service. : By the end of the holiday we was all planning similiar tricks to go back and show him.

The first time we ate there i had a Spring Roll for my Appetiser followed by Pumpkin Soup with Pumpkin bread rolls, these were served for everyone in the middle of the table. The for my main i had Steak, with Jacket potato and Vegetables. There was a gravy-like sauce on it, but i wasn't too keen on this, being the fussy eater i am.

I didn't have any room for a sweet so decided next time we ate there, i would miss out the Appetiser and have cake afterwards instead. The second and third I had Pumpkin Soup with the Pumpkin rolls, Lamb in Pastry which was served with what i think was squash, then New York Cheesecake for dessert! Yummy!

Now for a few photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 08, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post

*This was my Chocolate Mousse with Mango Coulee, Pieces of Fruit and Cream which i had for Dessert in the Il Diva Restaurant*

*This was my Steak, with Jacket potato and Vegetables in the Steak House. We don't know what the leaf-like thing sticking out of my Jacket potato is but it tasted sweet and had a crunchy texture. (Sorry i didn't take photos of the Appetiser or Soup).*

*Second/Third time we visited i had Lamb in Pastry with Squash (I think) This should have been served with a Grape sauce but i politely asked for this to be left off and i'm glad as it was very tasty without it*

*For some unknown reason i didn't get a photo of my Cheesecake (Think i was in too much of a rush to eat it ) so here is a photo of the cake which Andy had*
Old 26 Sep 08, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

mmmm food lol
Old 27 Sep 08, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emmaluvsmickey View Post
mmmm food lol

We had some really delicious food whilst we were there! There was also some really different things, like Curried Goat!
Old 27 Sep 08, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

The food looks lovely!
Old 28 Sep 08, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by *~Nic~* View Post
There was also some really different things, like Curried Goat!
That certainly sounds different
Old 28 Sep 08, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kerryh View Post
The food looks lovely!
It was yummy!

Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
That certainly sounds different
It was a shame on our way to the airport on our way home, we saw goats at the side of the road and we joked that they would be next weeks curry
Old 30 Sep 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All your food sounds lovely and your piccies are great
Old 30 Sep 08, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List