Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 09, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Hi Mazzy, Balboa park is a must yo will love it, we are going to return there this year.
We are also going to go to either the wildlife park or zoo were not sure which one is the best to do yet.
If you would like me to bring you any leaflets back I see just shout and i will gladly do so.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
San Diego is fab, I love it! Don't miss the zoo or Balboa park, DH went on the Midway while me and DDs went shopping, he was gone longer than us! The trolley tour is good for getting around, the place is absolutely beautiful, we intend to go back soon .

DDs also had surfing lesson on Mission Beach, if you want I can dig out the details of the company we went with.
Oh yes please, surfing sounds good, especially for DS.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Mazzy, we had a fantastic time in San Diego. We were only there one night as we only decided to go there the day before when we were staying in Palm Desert.

I'd read Ali's brilliant trippies so knew I wanted to do the trolley tour. We also did the US Midway and it was a highlight for us. Although saying that Bill and I are really interested in all things nautical as Bill was in the merchant navy when we met and I used to go sail on the ships with him, so we could relate to a lot of stuff on there.
I hope you manage to go I'm sure you'll like it. My trippie will be around day 15 or 16 in the West Coast one in my signature.
Hi Jools! Nice to see you still Dibbing! Thanks for the link, I will have a look at your trippy.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by travelmam View Post
Hi Mazzy, Balboa park is a must yo will love it, we are going to return there this year.
We are also going to go to either the wildlife park or zoo were not sure which one is the best to do yet.
If you would like me to bring you any leaflets back I see just shout and i will gladly do so.
Oh thanks, yes, leaflets would be good, for any of the attractions you go to, also the zoo if you go. I've been looking at the zoo and the Animal Park websites, and they're very different. The Animal Park does safari like tours, but apparently it does get very hot out there and there's a lot of walking involved throughout the park, so not too sure about that, we might just stick to the zoo, they have pandas and koala bears, and a hippo pool where you can see them underwater, so that sounds great! Where are you staying and how long are you staying in SD for? I'm thinking now we might need a week to do everything we want to.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 11 May 09, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not read all this thread just the first couple of posts - we had booked the same hotel for our honeymoon but ended up not going there and were glad we didn't as there were lots of fires when we would have been there

The reason for my post is that we have a guidebook we bought and then obviously never used (it has been thumbed through). It was bought in 2007 so is not completely up to date but it's yours if you want it (for free of course!). If you would like it just PM your address and I'll get it off to you - I'd rather someone got some use out of it that it sit on my bookshelf!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Here you go, we booked a 11am slot and the beach was lovely and quiet. We got there about 9.30-10 and had some time on the beach before DDs lesson. I do believe parking is a nightmare so you need to get there early

pacificsurf/index.html

The zoo has lovely cute pandas and although it is built on a hill there are buses that can take you around.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Turner
Imagineer

I'd love to tell you what San Diego was like, but the day before we were supposed to go, DH and I went in from Anaheim to visit Hollywood Boulevard and in the cafe that was on that female boxing film with Hiliary Swank in it (she won an Oscar), the chef (Jesus) did something with the grilled chicken sandwich that left me chained to the bathroom for the next 2 days, while DH watched the game on TV.
Santa Barabara was nice though, and my favourite was Carmel, its the kind of place where Sandra Bullock would do slightly amusing withcraft.
Old 11 May 09, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I think I mentioned the Del Corondo hotel on the island. and the old town up in the hills famous for apples and the Sea Port Village the Zoo and Sea world ( hope they still have the sky ride) La Jolla beach is amazing and we went to Balboa park and the aircraft museum.
The old town has been refurbished and there old gaslights make it a great place for an evening out.

then there is the Sport The Chargers and the Padres We got tickets for the Chargers game and the hotel helped us make arrangements to join the Tailgate party.

The people were amazing and we did the trip into TJ in Mexico.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 09, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Not read all this thread just the first couple of posts - we had booked the same hotel for our honeymoon but ended up not going there and were glad we didn't as there were lots of fires when we would have been there

The reason for my post is that we have a guidebook we bought and then obviously never used (it has been thumbed through). It was bought in 2007 so is not completely up to date but it's yours if you want it (for free of course!). If you would like it just PM your address and I'll get it off to you - I'd rather someone got some use out of it that it sit on my bookshelf!
That's really kind of you, I've just sent you a PM.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 11 May 09, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Oh thanks, yes, leaflets would be good, for any of the attractions you go to, also the zoo if you go. I've been looking at the zoo and the Animal Park websites, and they're very different. The Animal Park does safari like tours, but apparently it does get very hot out there and there's a lot of walking involved throughout the park, so not too sure about that, we might just stick to the zoo, they have pandas and koala bears, and a hippo pool where you can see them underwater, so that sounds great! Where are you staying and how long are you staying in SD for? I'm thinking now we might need a week to do everything we want to.
We are staying in Anaheim and are travelling to SD for the day.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread