Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 09, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by carys View Post
What is the gaslight quarter ? Mazzy tell me the 101 things when you know please
Its an area where the bars and restaurants are, I got the feeling it might get a bit 'noisy' later on in the evening but it should be fine with little ones early on for dinner, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe there
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Oh fab thanks Trish x
Old 19 May 09, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by carys View Post
What is the gaslight quarter ? Mazzy tell me the 101 things when you know please
Well I don't know 101 things, lol, but the Gaslamp Quarter used to be a seedy area but has now been renovated and is apparently has great atmosphere, especially in the evenings. It has trendy boutiques, restaurants and nightspots and also the Horton Plaza Shopping Centre. Gepetto is there right now, and has been several times so I will shut up now and wait for the expert!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Well I don't know 101 things, lol, but the Gaslamp Quarter used to be a seedy area but has now been renovated and is apparently has great atmosphere, especially in the evenings. It has trendy boutiques, restaurants and nightspots and also the Horton Plaza Shopping Centre. Gepetto is there right now, and has been several times so I will shut up now and wait for the expert!
I agree its not seedy now but with all the bars it can get noisier as the evening gets later, it will be fine with your two though Mazzy . When we were in the Horton Plaza we had an earthquake, I told DD it was because of all the clothes she was trying on in Hot Topic . I believe that the Fashion Mall just outside San Diego is good but we didn't get chance to go there.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I agree its not seedy now but with all the bars it can get noisier as the evening gets later, it will be fine with your two though Mazzy . When we were in the Horton Plaza we had an earthquake, I told DD it was because of all the clothes she was trying on in Hot Topic . I believe that the Fashion Mall just outside San Diego is good but we didn't get chance to go there.
Well if we go, my two will be 16 and 20, lol, and DS is nearly 6ft so I'll use him as a bodyguard if I need to! Omg, that's the only thing that worries me about California, is the chance of an earthquake, lol, Gepetto said there was one a couple of days ago but it wasn't a strong one. When we went to California last time, I thought I'd be worrying all the time about earthquakes, but it's surprising how you forget about them, too busy enjoying myself!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Well if we go, my two will be 16 and 20, lol, and DS is nearly 6ft so I'll use him as a bodyguard if I need to! Omg, that's the only thing that worries me about California, is the chance of an earthquake, lol, Gepetto said there was one a couple of days ago but it wasn't a strong one. When we went to California last time, I thought I'd be worrying all the time about earthquakes, but it's surprising how you forget about them, too busy enjoying myself!
Don't worry about the earthquakes California is pretty much built to cope with them
Old 19 May 09, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Don't worry about the earthquakes California is pretty much built to cope with them
I believe you!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 20 May 09, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Hey Mazzy,

Were staying in San Diego for 11 nights, i know thats alot longer then most people but we really think it'll suit us and plan on having a few beach days!

i go in on Aug 27th so will let you know how it goes x
Old 20 May 09, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Hey Mazzy,

Were staying in San Diego for 11 nights, i know thats alot longer then most people but we really think it'll suit us and plan on having a few beach days!

i go in on Aug 27th so will let you know how it goes x
I don't blame you for staying that long, there's such a lot to see and do isn't there? Can't wait to hear from you thing about it all, hope you have a fab time.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Old 20 May 09, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
Good Morning,
Its 0544 here and the place is filling up ahead of Memorial Day. The USN have just lost an aircraft (Seahawk helecopter) off San Digeo, 5 people missing. Arnie is on TV saying the State is broke!

Still appears to be v rainy over Florida. Gaslight Quarter is a lovely entertainment/eating area. I would recommend the trolly tour from Old Town. $32 an you can do the circuit in about 2 hours (getting on and off at will) Balboa Park is lovely(Open Air Organ concert at 1400 on a Sunday, Coranado is always nice, it is a great way to get a guided tour of the city - though some of the information has some artistic licence!

Cary - You can cruise, also have a dining cruise experience, use the SEAL (an amphibious vehicle), catch an AMTRAK train North to the rest of California, scenic tours to San Diego, Tijuana ( I wouldn't but thats me), La Jolla,USS Midway tour (Oh Yes!), Sailing excursions, Historic trips, Sea World, The Zoo, Boat Rentals, Jet Skis,"Let your Heart soar!" (Gliding experience over California), SkyDiving, Hire a bike and ride around the Liberty Station area (I am staying in a brand new hotel in this area - its lovely!) Its a former USN training depot that has been re-developed. Just a few things from the brochures I have gathered for Mazzy...

Regards
G
Oh no, how awful about the helicopter, it's not that long since a 'plane went down is it?

Wow, I'm sat here with my brain doing somersaults, reading through your list of things to do! Never mind 1 week, maybe we need two!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Closed Thread