Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 May 09, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Anaheim

Hi All, we are staying for 7 nights in Anahaim as part of our West Coast Holiday...

We are a little concerned about how far away we will be from the main LA attractions (hollywood/santa monica etc) and are thinking of amending our booking.

The only thing we want to do in Anaheim is Disneyland (1 or 2 day visit).

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 09, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rob2468 View Post
Hi All, we are staying for 7 nights in Anahaim as part of our West Coast Holiday...

We are a little concerned about how far away we will be from the main LA attractions (hollywood/santa monica etc) and are thinking of amending our booking.

The only thing we want to do in Anaheim is Disneyland (1 or 2 day visit).

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?
we stayed there a few years ago , you are about 1 hour away from hollywood . we found the local buses very good and ended up visiting loads for place and it was very cheap.
Old 18 May 09, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Been to California a number of times and have never stayed in Anaheim for longer than 3 days for that exact reason.
It's about a 35 mile journey from there to places like Hollywood and Beverly Hills which can be an hours drive if the traffic is bad.

Personally I'd rebook and move nearer the center or do what we did last time and stay at Santa Monica which it's about a 15 minutes drive to the attractions and has the benefit of the beach.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Can you do a split stay? We stayed at Anaheim and Hollywood, as we didn't have a car, it made touring so much easier.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 09, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I'd split the stay and do only 2 or 3 nights in Anaheim (depending on how many days you are doing the parks. I'd say 2 days will be ample), and spend the rest of the time in a hotel in LA.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 09, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys, Virgin have quoted an extra £300 for swapping Anaheim with 4 nights in Santa Monica. Plus we will have to pay extra for Parking... Tough decision, need to sleep on it.
Old 20 May 09, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

odd one out here but we always stay in anaheim for the full 7 days ,just drive over to universal the once ,if you wanna do a tour of la seeing the sign,manns chinese theatre,santa monica etc ,then do it on one of the guided tours,we found that the easiest way
Old 20 May 09, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Hi

We are stopping in Anaheim for 7 nights when we go in October and have a booked car hire as we are driving down from Las Vegas.

We are going to do the LA legendary tour which we have booked with Virgin.

We are going to drive to Universal Studios one day.

Another day we are going to drive to Warner Bros Tour (2 1/2hours tour) do one of the early tours and All American Girl Cafe for lunch and probably end up at Santa Monica on the afternoon.

We are also doing both Disney Parks and also Knotts Berry Farm.

I would think it is quite managable to get around - someone mentioned as long as you set off from Anaheim before 7am or after 9am you should miss the rush hour traffic and on the way back leave around 3pm or after 7pm to drive back.

Thats what we are going to do. Hope this helps.
Old 20 May 09, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rob2468 View Post
Thanks guys, Virgin have quoted an extra £300 for swapping Anaheim with 4 nights in Santa Monica. Plus we will have to pay extra for Parking... Tough decision, need to sleep on it.
we stayed there for 14 days and like i said in previous post the buses are great to pop to different place's we had a grat time there
Old 21 May 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by danny View Post
odd one out here but we always stay in anaheim for the full 7 days ,just drive over to universal the once ,if you wanna do a tour of la seeing the sign,manns chinese theatre,santa monica etc ,then do it on one of the guided tours,we found that the easiest way
Hey Danny

Can you tell me what the drive is like to universal i'm a tad nervous of driving although it will be my boyfriend who is driving but i organise directions and stuff, we will be going to Universal the day after we arrive so i'm thinking we will be up early (jet lag and all) so do you think early is better? x