Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 09, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
i booked our tickets for alcatraz with a-t-d as they had 48 hour hop-on hop-off bus with all the loops - i cant remember the price now thought - we have booked for the 9.10am boat over to alcatraz - cant wait.
Old 24 May 09, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
Sounds like a great trip!

I flew over Yosemite last week, our Alskan Airline pilot deliberately flew over and gave us a short infomercial on the park. The falls looked great even from 30K feet. Not sure of that 7-8 hours drive though, but I guess its the only way to get to Grand Canyon.

I'm sure you will have a great and interesting varied trip.
It won't be me driving
Yeah, I agree, it'll be a pain but its only 1 day - most of our other driving days are pretty tame. Am now really excited about doing it that way instead of the flights/being ill etc. have booked the GC accomodation and do our utmost to get there for sunset that day, and of course we'll defo get to see sunrise the next day (alarm clock permitting!) so that'll be cool!

I am soooo excited about this trip now! Me and hubby have been out for dinner tonight and I spent the majority of time waffling on about the trip! lol. This may seem quite (well very!) extravagant to most of you but we have decided we are gonna book in the Plaza for the last night of our New York stay ( ie last night of our hol). It was a choice between staying somewhere OK for the 2 nights, or in a rubbish airport hotel the first night (our flight from vegas gets into JFK @ midnight so we literally just need somewhere to lay our heads for a few hours) - so rubbish hotel followed by the plaza won! haven't actually managed to bring myself to book it yet - it is soo much money I don;t even want to write the figure down here lol! - but will sleep on it then book tomorrow!
Old 24 May 09, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by donnakirby View Post
i booked our tickets for alcatraz with a-t-d as they had 48 hour hop-on hop-off bus with all the loops - i cant remember the price now thought - we have booked for the 9.10am boat over to alcatraz - cant wait.
thanks - will look into that too! trying to just book one thing a day so the excitement is spread out! lol. Booked baseball tickets for san fran giants today and am doing the hotel in New york tomorrow! Maybe alcatraz will be monday as I don't seem to be able to stop the planning!
Old 25 May 09, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up

Hi,
Wow, sounds like a great trip
We stayed downtown in San Fran at Parc 55, it was great to get up in the morning & get the trolley to fishermans wharf, because of the jet lag we booked Alcatraz early on the first day & it worked great for us. There is so much to see & take in at San Fran but 3 nights should be perfect
The baseball games are great, the people are sooo polite! not like the UK, heard one guy talking to the area marshal for 'cussing' at the score & he was lucky not to get thrown out! the atmosphere is brill, don't miss the antics at change round... we have never laughed so much
I could go on as we have done so much of what you are planning to do, the cable car at Palm Springs.. watch out for the mountain lions as you go up, also the views are breathtaking.
OK the drives are long drives, take something to do in the car, let the driver listen to the radio & plan some breaks along the route.
I think you have made the best use of your time, just remember after all of the planning to enjoy your 'vacation'
x
Old 25 May 09, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ems!
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jannine View Post
the cable car at Palm Springs.. watch out for the mountain lions as you go up,
lions?! you have scared me now! lol . No , not really, cool!
Old 25 May 09, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up

Didn't mean to scare you lol. We saw one about half way up the mountain.
We did see a naughty racoon outside the restaurant, pinching scrapes from the bin.
You can buy a meal deal that includes the price of the cable car, we thought it was a good deal for tea, informal & nice food
Old 25 May 09, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread