Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 12, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Princess lunch

Can anyone recommend the princess character lunch in DLP - I am contemplating taking my 3 DD aged 15, 6 and 4 but it is quite expensive so wondered if was really worth the cost.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 12, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I would but it depends what you like. We thought the food was amazing, it included wine and drinks which other meals don't so that accounts for part of the price. The character interaction was good and it felt so peaceful and relaxing and unrushed, compared to the more hectic character meals at Cafe Mickey etc.
Old 1 Mar 12, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrissyWissy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Yes definately recommend it. Lovely food, great service and lots of character interaction. Calm, unrushed atmosphere.

DLRP: Numerous - Most recent May 2014
WDW With Friends: Sept 2001 / Sept 2004 / May 2006
WDW With Family: Feb 2015 / Oct 2016 / May 2019 / Oct 2022
ChrissyWissy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We went in Feb, it doesn't include wine or drinks, or photos now, but we knew no different and tbh it was the most magical part of the trip for our DD 3. The character interaction was amazing, DD got her birthday cake there and they made it truly special. I would definitely recommend it. We didn't like the starters (duck and chutney, pumpkin soup, salmon and caviar for us and melon soup (juice), salmon paste thing and tomatoes for DD) but the mains were delicious (rack of lamb for us and salmon for DD) and the deserts were amazing! We loved it so much we are going back in August!
Old 19 Mar 12, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I was wondering from anyone who has been to Auberge if there is a certain time to arrive that is for any reason better than another such as later in the lunch period etc?
Old 19 Mar 12, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Would defintely recommend as it is just *MAGICAL*
Old 19 Mar 12, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JarvJarv View Post
I was wondering from anyone who has been to Auberge if there is a certain time to arrive that is for any reason better than another such as later in the lunch period etc?
It's a long time since we went, so it might be different now, but we had an earlyish lunch reservation, when we first arrived there were no characters, which in a way was good as we got to sit down and get drinks and order our meals, then slowly the princesses, the mice (from Cinderella, I can never remember their names ) and Mickey arrived. Cinderella did a dance with Prince Charming then sat in the throne for photos (our own). There were people arriving once all the characters were there, and they still got to see them all, but I liked it that they slowly arrived as we were having dinner so by the time they were all there and DD was too distracted we had almost finished eating, we weren't rushed at all so got to stay and interact with the characters even though we had finished and been in the restaurant the longest, I don't think they had anyone waiting to take our table.
Old 19 Mar 12, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We were told to get there early, and to ask for a dancefloor table. (Which we got automatically anyway because it was DD's birthday!) As we were first in Suzy and Perla (the Mice) showed DD to her table and sat for ages with her, whilst others were getting their seats etc, we were just getting settled when the Princesses came out and started their dancing.

So I would aim for early, although the princesses entrance is on rotation so they do it again after an hour!

HTH
xx
Old 19 Mar 12, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWoody
Very Serious Dibber

I think we had a later lunch, and asked for, but didn't get a dancefloor table. So if I were to go again I'd definitely go a little earlier. Saying that we had a fantastic lunch, like already said the food was beautiful and the character interaction was fantastic - It's close but overall I preferred it to CRT, which I felt was a little rushed.

May 2015 - Planning:Vero beach, 4nt Disney Dream, Dibb Villa @Westridge,WDW Dolphin & RPR Club level
MrsWoody is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 12, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have done Auberge and it was lovely, we did this before dining in the castle in MK and have to say Auberge was so much better than Cinderella table in MK, the food is excellent at Auberge but thought the MK one was poor.

Very worth while doing.