Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Oct 13, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by superhappy View Post
I'm having same dilema.
2A + 1 infant in cheyenne for 4 nights. Currently on bfast only but can upgrade to standard half board meal plan for £33 extra per night.
is that worth doing?
do i have to upgrade before 60 days?
it depends if you'd use the restaurants the half board vouchers can be used in (ie the majority of the buffet/table service restaurants in the resort).

If you would eat in them anyway, then standard half board vouchers for you 2 adults (you don't get them for an infant) would be £44 per night to buy with no offer on them. So potentially you're saving around £44 by upgrading to the new deal, if you'd eat in those restaurants anyway.

eta - yes, its better to upgrade before 60 days prior to check-in - just makes the admin easier.

Edited at 10:26 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm having same dilema.
2A + 1 infant in cheyenne for 4 nights. Currently on bfast only but can upgrade to standard half board meal plan for £33 extra per night.
is that worth doing?
do i have to upgrade before 60 days?
Rang twice today won't let me do it 166 days before our holiday !
Not happy would of paid to add buffalo bills no said the cm change my room no.im going to ring see if a I can do GF but not very hopeful.
Think full board a waste for us only so much we can eat and to much time spent in lines etc.
never will I do this again ! People who book later get a better deal ? We need to book flights trains etc.
I think its unfair and disney should look after their good customers ie US !

Edited at 10:39 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

thank you sammy kitten.

is there a time limit to upgrading?
i go on 14th december x
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

i'm sorry for you Rachael, hope you get through to someone more helpful tomorrow xx
try not to let it get you down.
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

thank you sammy kitten.

is there a time limit to upgrading?
i go on 14th december x
do it as soon as you can - just like all other DLP site offers, its limited availability, so your upgraded deal may not be there for long.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
£191 more for ours over 5 nights - not worth it for me with our shareholder discount and I've already planned where to eat which doesn't fit in with the standard meal plan so although I might not save anything (probably spend a bit more!) but less restriction so I'm not going to bother trying to upgrade or change. Only 13 more sleeps for us...
LaraT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

i'm sorry for you Rachael, hope you get through to someone more helpful tomorrow xx
try not to let it get you down.
Aww thank you xxx
Will update !
Old 1 Oct 13, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LaraT View Post
£191 more for ours over 5 nights - not worth it for me with our shareholder discount and I've already planned where to eat which doesn't fit in with the standard meal plan so although I might not save anything (probably spend a bit more!) but less restriction so I'm not going to bother trying to upgrade or change. Only 13 more sleeps for us...
I forgot to factor in our SH discount too, so for us it will cost £49 per night for HB+, which would mean spending about £57 a night before SH discount on 2A+2C, so might still save us something, but does mean more restriction. We'd probably use them at face value as we were planning to eat at Inventions Brunch, Café Mickey (but don't want to be restricted to set menu), Walt's (as CM) and Parkside Grill. I have just checked the brochure and the Steakhouse in the Village isn't included in the meal plans? I do remember reading on James' & Mel's trippie that the SH discount was applied first and then they only paid the difference between the meal after discount and the face value of the HB voucher. Looks like I have a lot of maths to do, though not sure what each of the set menus is worth on HB+ eg at Café Mickey/Walt's.

Edited at 10:58 PM.
Old 1 Oct 13, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by twindisney View Post
Rang twice today won't let me do it 166 days before our holiday !
Not happy would of paid to add buffalo bills no said the cm change my room no.im going to ring see if a I can do GF but not very hopeful.
Think full board a waste for us only so much we can eat and to much time spent in lines etc.
never will I do this again ! People who book later get a better deal ? We need to book flights trains etc.
I think its unfair and disney should look after their good customers ie US !
I don't understand why they are having such a problem with it this time, last time they brought out a new offer you had managed to upgrade your trip before I did mine. Wonder if they're just trying to close a loophole, but someone else has managed to do theirs. Hoping that you have more joy tomorrow, surely you've just been unlucky with CMs, but it shouldn't be inconsistent. I meant to say I've had better experiences with the French DLP booking line, always got better rooms too.
Old 1 Oct 13, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

don't forget to factor in the cost of the phonecall to change everything
Closed Thread