Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Mar 15, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Anyone renewed their vows while in Vegas?!

After seeing that Davina McCall renewed her vows in Vegas yesterday dressed in her shorts and trainers, it got me thinking!

We are in Vegas in August at the beginning and end of our holiday with our daughters and we celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary this year.

I have never really thought about doing it seriously, but thought it might be a nice way to end our holiday, although I know it is tacky!

Has anyone from the Dibb done it while on holiday?
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 15, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddie47
Excited about Disney

We renewed our wedding vows in July 2008 at the Little White Chapel, there was just the 2 of us, I wore a dress and DH had trousers and a shirt.

We had a limo pick us up and drop us back at our hotel (included in the cost)

It can be as nice or as tacky as you want it. There was a full on wedding before us and 2 people getting married after us in hospital scrubs!

I would recommend it to anyone

Sharon
Maddie47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Sounds lovely.

I see you are back in Vegas this year!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

We did in true tacky Vegas style, 1950s diner with Elvis. I didn't tell him and arranged it all before we left the UK, only told him on the morning. We were staying at the Golden Nugget downtown, got on the bus went to the venue, renewed our vows, got back on the bus went to Cheesecake Factory and then to see Cirque O. Brilliant day and oh so cheesy!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh Sally what a hoot!

May I say that you look absolutely gorgeous? Completely "of the moment" but so beautiful

If I was going to do a vow renewal, it would be a tongue in cheek thing for sure, and that looks perfect. We thought about doing it for our 15th but I never got round to it so maybe I should get planning for 20!
Old 1 Apr 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

That is fab

Is it quite reasonable for an elvis wedding renewal?

Xx
Old 1 Apr 15, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh Sally what a hoot!

May I say that you look absolutely gorgeous? Completely "of the moment" but so beautiful

If I was going to do a vow renewal, it would be a tongue in cheek thing for sure, and that looks perfect. We thought about doing it for our 15th but I never got round to it so maybe I should get planning for 20!
Ah thank you, it was such a silly funny day totally recommend it.

It was via Viva Las Vegas weddings, they do some random themings. It was about $300 for the package we had but the skies the limit really. Wouldn't have wanted it as my actual wedding but a vow renewal or a bit of fun it was brilliant.

vivalasvegasweddings/dinerpackages.htm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SallyPatterson
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sallyp View Post
We did in true tacky Vegas style, 1950s diner with Elvis. I didn't tell him and arranged it all before we left the UK, only told him on the morning. We were staying at the Golden Nugget downtown, got on the bus went to the venue, renewed our vows, got back on the bus went to Cheesecake Factory and then to see Cirque O. Brilliant day and oh so cheesy!

Oh Sally, this is fantastic... how wonderful. You look beautiful and like you are having a ball.

This is exactly what I want to do for our renewal, I never had a wedding dress when we got married 20 years ago and the dress you had would be my perfect choice.

Sally
Xx
Old 1 Apr 15, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SallyPatterson View Post
Oh Sally, this is fantastic... how wonderful. You look beautiful and like you are having a ball.

This is exactly what I want to do for our renewal, I never had a wedding dress when we got married 20 years ago and the dress you had would be my perfect choice.

Sally
Xx
I'm so sorry to OP for going so OT... But how lovely that this thread with photos from a Sally P has inspired a different Sally P ...
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I'm so sorry to OP for going so OT... But how lovely that this thread with photos from a Sally P has inspired a different Sally P ...

Don't apologise - it is lovely to see someone who has done it - in true Vegas style - it looks great!

Thank you for sharing.
Closed Thread