Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 16, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Morro bay would get my vote, liked the atmosphere there much more than Pismo.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again have you considered whale watching , and on your drive down the coast make sure you stop to see the elephant seals at piedras blancas near San Simeon
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tartan tink
Apprentice Imagineer

tartan tink's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I don't mind hotel hopping - after SF we did one night Monterrey (didn't go whale watching but thought we had enough time here - you have done the right thing, Carmel is much nicer). Do the 17 mile drive from Carmel and pack a picnic because there are lots of beautiful stooping off pints. We then went on to San Luis Obispo. The Madonna Inn came highly recommended, and it was certainly a sight to see, but we (2A &2Teens) thought it was a bit tired and needed a freshen up. The pool there was lovely with a fabulous view, but not sure if you would benefit in May. If I had my chance again would do Morro Bay or Pismo. We then had a couple of hours in Santa Barbara on the way to LA - would also have happily stayed here as it was lovely.

Bellagio is also lovely - we had a fab stay at the Venetian but if we went again would go for Bellagio if it came up at a similar price.
Thanks 😊 we done whale watching in Mexico at the beginning of the year so not bothered about that. Just looking to chill for a couple days after yosemite and San fran. Is always been dh dream to stay at bellagio and thought this was a great price. Just need to find our morro bay/pismo hotel now😊

courtyard by marriott, marriott suites clearwater,rpr july 07 westridge villa,rpr, july08 cypress point,rpr, aug 09 tuscana resort july 10:spin hard rock hotel July 10 watersong villa, rpr Jan 2012, sandy ridge villa June 2016
tartan tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tartan tink View Post
Flying home from Vegas. Wanted bellagio as its only us 2 adults but to do 5 nights there was over £1200 we are doing weekend at a ph because we got it for £60 per night. Then got fountain view at bellagio for £480 so saving £600+ doing it this way.
We are staying at the Bellagio in a fountain room over this October half term. Will try post about it when there
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We are staying at Hotel Zephyr at the start of our road trip next year. My hotels are mostly based from reviews on here as we have not done the trip ourselves yet. Our stop after Monterey/Carmel will be Pismo beach. Hoping to get into the Sandcastle or Seaventure hotel. Santa Barbara looks good too, lots of recommendations on here such as West Beach Inn, Harbor View Inn, Upham hotel. I am sad we won't stop here now but we have traded off some PCH nights to get to San Diego. Good luck, it's tough choosing your route and hotels
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
2 bits of advice:

Little Swiss cafe in Carmel... Have a look at eating here and check the Murial's on the walls.

Would highly recommend Madonna inn in SLO... So different... Such a unique and lovely hotel

Edited at 08:45 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tartan tink
Apprentice Imagineer

tartan tink's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
We are staying at the Bellagio in a fountain room over this October half term. Will try post about it when there
Fantastic 😁

courtyard by marriott, marriott suites clearwater,rpr july 07 westridge villa,rpr, july08 cypress point,rpr, aug 09 tuscana resort july 10:spin hard rock hotel July 10 watersong villa, rpr Jan 2012, sandy ridge villa June 2016
tartan tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tartan tink
Apprentice Imagineer

tartan tink's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
We are staying at Hotel Zephyr at the start of our road trip next year. My hotels are mostly based from reviews on here as we have not done the trip ourselves yet. Our stop after Monterey/Carmel will be Pismo beach. Hoping to get into the Sandcastle or Seaventure hotel. Santa Barbara looks good too, lots of recommendations on here such as West Beach Inn, Harbor View Inn, Upham hotel. I am sad we won't stop here now but we have traded off some PCH nights to get to San Diego. Good luck, it's tough choosing your route and hotels
Think I'm about to book the Anderson inn at morro bay 😊

Old 4 Sep 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tartan tink View Post
Think I'm about to book the Anderson inn at morro bay 😊
Yes I looked at that, it looks great
Old 5 Sep 16, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We have stayed in Psimo - thought it was great, looked at Morro Bay but never went there.
Pismo is quite a lively place, good for teens I would say.We cut across to Vegas from there, think LA is longish drive.

We stayed in Santa Barbara this year - also lovely place, but not so much beach etc as Pismo. We loved our day to Solvang - in fact I would stay there in future and do wine tasting, but probably not much there for teens.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread