Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would personally stay at Hard Rock and get the express passes. They are worth their wait in gold! Even if the parks are not that busy, you can get so much more stuff done. And you get to stay at the Hard Rock which is a bonus in itself!

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

And you didn't mention spring break once, that would also have to be taken into consideration.
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Talking to a taxi driver here the other night she said that summer is nothing compared to spring break. She said it’s their busiest time and the queues are double what they are in summer. Not sure exactly when spring break falls but I’d definitely get the express passes. You don’t want to be waiting in 2 hours plus queues for all of the big rides when you don’t have to.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Despicable me is the only ride where express does not make a real difference, always has, always will be. It's due to the nature of the attraction. Even with Express you need to wait for the previous "show" to end before entering ...
Interesting, we always found that it felt quicker in the express line than standby - might be a perception thing, as you stand closer to the doors than standby line.

We did wait a little while for Kong (15-20 mins express vs 40-45 min standby) but that can also be for technical reasons - I've noticed Kong can be slow loading sometimes, and vehicles can very rarely go down.

Everything else was a minimum 66% cutdown on wait times (unless standby was like 5-10 mins, in which case we literally walked on.) As everyone says, the ability at quiet times of the year to walk through the mummy line and straight onto the ride is phenomenal - it's how a theme park should be.

At Easter Express is even more vital - as PP said I wouldn't go if I didn't have it at that time of year.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 07:16 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Roostie
Trying for More Ears

We actually purchased our Universal Unlimited Express passes ( in our Naivety) last year but they were a God send as we were there 22 May 2018 onward and there were big queues which we simply walked by.

I think during the Harry Potter evening light show, our kids managed 15 goes back to back on Hippogryph alone and Gringotts 3 times. And this was only with 1 day unlimited not 2.

Definitely worth it and Im already booking up one of the Universal Hotels for one night just so we can have 2 days unlimited Express pass use and a smart hotel for a night so we can enjoy City Walk and do Universal at our leisure.
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We went 2 years ago at Spring Break. It was very busy!
Having allowed 3 days for the 2 Universal Parks, we decided to risk no Express Passes the first day at each park, then if needed we would buy them for the second day. It was very busy but we didn't need the Express Passes and never bough them at all.
The only thing we didn't get on to (as we didn't want to go on enough to wait 60 minutes!) was The Minions Ride.

* However - we did get to go on it! In the shop area after the Transformers ride one of the cast remarked on my OH's Niagara Falls T shirt which started a conversation. She asked if we were having a good day and had we managed to see everything we wanted to?
We said yes but were going to give the (the quite new) Minions ride a miss due to queues. She said 'We cant have you going back to the UK and missing the Minions ride!'
She got someone to cover her, and marched us across the park. She then told the guy on the ride to allow us in ahead of the regular queue and the Fast Pass line!
We felt like celebrities
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List