Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Are these both a330s just with different seating (narrower) seating arrangements?
What is happening to people who have booked particular seats ? PE or extra leg room or front of plane etc. 15 quid doesn't really cut it tbh and that's before the lack of ife etc.
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kdzgon View Post
Flying MCO - GLA on 10 June (Monday). Received an email today regarding the change, and the offer of the 15 GBP refund to "buy reading material".

I tried calling TC, and spent 1.5 hours on the phone (mostly on multiple holds) to first be told "we don't see any changes in the system", and then after an extended hold, to be told "it's a different plane, but everything [including seat layout] is exactly the same". Once I reminded the gentleman what was said in the email, he suggested I call back on Saturday or Sunday to check for updated information.

For those that received this notice and has since flown: any info on seat assignments? Is there anything I should do right now regarding an assignment? We are a party of 3, myself and 2 grandsons, 14 and 16 (adult-sized bodies, so not looking forward to the change!).

Have never flown TC before, so I have no idea what to expect and no frame of reference to compare changes, other than common sense says 9 seats = narrower seat width than 8 seats.
I was told that the seating is now 3-3-3, instead of the usual 2-4-2 so this may suit you better? I don't think in economy the pitch and size is any smaller than their usual planes, it is the lack of facilities that are the issue. Customer services are stupidly busy and aren't that helpful really, operations can often give you a clearer picture as they dealt with sourcing in the outdated piece of crap that is this plane. Just a word of warning though they all lie a lot! I was told that the plane wouldn't run on routes that had PE seats booked, well clearly that is not the case - so try and get as many answers as you can and take everything with a pinch of salt. Do the grandsons have tablets? they can download some things to watch during the flight if they do. Hope you can get some answers tomorrow.

Edited at 11:43 AM.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

We also fly on Monday from Glasgow, hadn't pre booked seats but as its only the two of us we were quite happy with the 2/4/2 seating plan. It won't ruin our holiday but I am annoyed that we don't have our individual IFE, that's what keeps me going on the flight usually, best get the books looked out!

Alana
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Hi,

Does anyone have a seat map for the actual plane that it is changed too? Thanks
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Nancy
I want to go now!

Hi,
Im going on Sunday out of Glasgow and just been emailed that weve been changed to the Wamos aircraft and heres 15 to buy a book...

Anyone been on one of these flights? Thanks
Nancy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
michelleminnie
Excited about Disney

michelleminnie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had the same with Virgin just before Xmas. Unfortunately it was the worst flight we had ever taken. Old plane, smaller than normal seat pitch (which were broken, tatty and not too clean), bad service, no meal choice and no entertainment at all.
We complained to Virgin before we flew and were told it was in their t&cs and they lied about seat back TVs being available. When we came home, we were offered virgin air miles due to the inconvenience, we declined and moved on. I thought virgins customer service was appalling and therefore I would be unlikely to ever fly with them again. We holiday at least 3 times a year so i am not going to loose sleep about one issue, i will just vote with my feet.

That said, it is only 9 hours of your life, so to put it into perspective. We got to Florida on time and had a great holiday. Try not to let it ruin your holiday and make sure you have snacks and a few things to keep everyone entertained

Edited at 09:37 AM.
michelleminnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Daughter just called me, due to depart today at 10.55am but been told delayed and next announcement us at 12 !

Edited at 12:04 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Daughter just called me, due to depart today at 10.55am but been told delayed and next announcement us at 12 !
Is this from Manchester? We are on the return flight so not looking good! We have had no email communication from them. I called them and was told as we hadnt had an email our carrier hadnt changed when I pushed her to check... oh yes it has changed must be a glitch... not happy
Infact if it wasnt for the dibb Id know nothing about it.
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Claret1882
Proud to wear my Ears

Departed almost 3 hours late.
Claret1882 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Is this from Manchester? We are on the return flight so not looking good! We have had no email communication from them. I called them and was told as we hadnt had an email our carrier hadnt changed when I pushed her to check... oh yes it has changed must be a glitch... not happy
Infact if it wasnt for the dibb Id know nothing about it.
Sorry, only just seen this. Yes 2hrs 50 minutes late departing
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List