Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 May 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Tit for tat. Birthday on board...May 19. St. Peter port

I had five solid hours of sleep without moving. Now for me that is good sleep. Alarm was set for 8 but we were up at 6.30. As St. Peter port is a tender (little boat ride to shore) we heard the metal winches getting them out.

Showered and ready we went down for table service breakfast and I took pictures for once. Kids had pancakes. I had sausage and egg. Hubby had bacon and egg. My eggs were snotty. Don’t do snotty eggs ☹️

Got a ticket for the tender and made our way across for about 10am ish.

Didn’t know what to do and the petit train I wanted to go on wasn’t running. So we walked around again. This was the prettiest out of the places we had been. Reminded me very much of Cornwall. Cobble streets tight together etc. Had a look at a few shops. Stayed till 12 so that we could hear the cannon at midday.

Finally people we spent some money on land. Spent a grand total of £5.80!
Bought a bottle of water and two hot chocolates banoffee and rocky road flavour.

Sat on a nice park bench while we had those then made our way back to the ship.

Kids wanted to draw and hubby wanted to do the ships daily crossword so we sat in java and I ordered a pot of tea. Hubby didn’t want anything. Got 3 cookies for me and kids. Well turns out hubby did want a cookie and he snaffled mine straight away followed by a cup of my tea I said he could try.

Headed back to cabin to finish packing. We were on deck 5 and cabin on deck 9. Just got to the lift/stairs, hubby and Scarlett went a different way to us and as I was just there all the lifts were going up with hubby and Scarlett inside I could hear them giggling. Me and Georgia walked instead and they thought it was hilarious until they realised they had no card for the door so they were stuck outside anyway.

Scarlett finished writing. She loves to write and since we took her out of school for this we asked her to write about it so I could send it to her teacher. They have this thing online called dojo and you can send the teacher photos or messages.

As I had used my card earlier for the grand total of £5.80 then I had a £100 cash that I had put aside for St. Peter port so thought it best to pay off some of my bar bill now with that £100 rather than it go all on my card. It was Scarlett’s friend on reception that sorted it for us. Her name is deepika.

Afternoon tea was calling. I’ve wanted to do this for ages. I want a scone and tea mmmmm. There were loads of buns. Did manage to get a photo this time.
What I didn’t photo is the turkey and cranberry sandwiches and sausage roll and tea cakes. We ate all the buns that were on the table apart from the cupcake as it was a coffee one and it was awful. I got my scone and we even had another round of cakes. I had chocolate moose. Scarlett had raspberry moose topped cake and hubby had lemon meringue which was the best bun there.

Georgia was too full. She had been saying this all holiday which is a surprise to us as she is always hungry. She’s always the one who asks for something half hour after breakfast.

We were heading back to the cabin to get ready for the evening. Rolling back really.
Wanted to go and have a look at the photo of us took last night at sindu. As I hadn’t taken many photos of around the ship me and Scarlett headed off to take a photo of the manhattan that we were in yesterday but it was closed for some kind of rehearsals.

Me and Scarlett got back before hubby and Georgia. No idea how but they must have been side tracked or something.
Now hubby has this thing about making me jump all the time. Creeps up on me and stands behind me to make me squeal etc so me and Scarlett decided to get him for a change as nothing usually makes him jump.

We hid in the dark as we heard Georgia coming down the corridor. As the door opened I said boo and he jumped a mile. It was hilarious. I was crying with laughter. I don’t remember the last time I made him jump it was awesome.

Got changed and went to the glass house. Hubby had a pint of something or other.
Kids were being pains and fighting. Scarlett seems to be getting fed up as she was teary.

6.20 and I jump in the queue with Georgia to see “Astonishing” this is a magic show created by Stephen mulhern. Heard good things about it. It started at 7 and was the first showing and was packed. Glad I got there before the doors opened. Tried to take a good picture of the stage but you will know by now that I am useless at taking photos.

Small rant here and I had to count to 10 but there was a family sat in the row behind us. I was in an aisle seat and Georgia next to me then hubby then Scarlett. The family was mum dad and two boys about 9 and 12. One of the boys was letting off wind at least 5 times which really if that was my kids I would be saying that they should be going to the toilet. Then one of the boys not sure if it was the same one put his feet on the back of Georgia’s chair with no socks on. It was awful really and it’s a good job his mother told him to get them down because I was just going to turn round and say it. Really don’t think he should have had shoes off in a theatre!

Now the show was quite good especially as your not paying extra. It was about 40% magic the rest was dancing musical type which is fine but I wanted more magic. Would definitely recommend it though. There was a trick in the middle where you have to open an envelope and do it yourself now mine didn’t go right as I wasn’t listening and muddled up some of the instructions but it worked for hubby and Scarlett and hubby who is the biggest sceptic was a little bit baffled which amused me greatly.

Show over and off to the last sit down meal.

On holiday I usually try and go for things I wouldn’t normally at home so with that we had the satay skewers,mahi mahi and hubby had carrot cake cheesecake and I had the apple pie Sundae. I did not like this food at all. The satay came out cold but I couldn’t be bothered to moan about it. The mahi mahi I have had once before. I had it at a restaurant in Epcot “coral reef?” Sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, had it years ago and it was beautiful. This I was served was awful. Don’t know if it just wasn’t cooked how I liked or what but I left the majority. The sundae was nice though. Hubby agreed with me about the fish and the kids had chicken nuggets and chips.

Georgia did have a little paddy in the restaurant luckily was brief. Did want to go to somewhere for a cocktail on the last night but both kids were shattered so back to the cabin to pack instead. Lights off and asleep by 10pm although I did try and get stuff typed up or else I would forget.

Water £2.50
Tea £2.15
Pint £4.85
2 Pepsi £3.90 £13.40
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Your afternoon tea looks lovely
Glad you enjoyed the show despite the smell and feet!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Afternoon tea was. Felt very stuffed after. They just keep fetching more and more. We had 9 cakes per table as they fetched it twice. I had two teas and hubby had 4 in that time. Girls had toasted tea cakes while I had the scones and as meantioned the sausage roll and sandwiches before that. Couldn’t have managed this if we hadn’t have skipped proper lunch and had dinner late.

Dunno how some of these cruisers manage all the food. I eat loads and even I can’t manage it.

I actually ended up losing 3lbs that week cos I was doing way more steps that normal especially the stairs on the ship they nearly killed me
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Afternoon tea was. Felt very stuffed after. They just keep fetching more and more. We had 9 cakes per table as they fetched it twice. I had two teas and hubby had 4 in that time. Girls had toasted tea cakes while I had the scones and as meantioned the sausage roll and sandwiches before that. Couldn’t have managed this if we hadn’t have skipped proper lunch and had dinner late.

Dunno how some of these cruisers manage all the food. I eat loads and even I can’t manage it.

I actually ended up losing 3lbs that week cos I was doing way more steps that normal especially the stairs on the ship they nearly killed me
I always take the stairs on a ship, lifts are slow, crowded and I like to try keep the weight off!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
love afternoon tea onboard
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List