Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dgoodrid
Helping Minnie

Apple Watch series 3

Hi,

I have an Apple Watch 3 (gps) version and was wanting to wear it all day everyday on holiday to count the steps etc... check my heart rate to see how crap scared I am on rides lol.

Now I know it’s water proof to a degree and normal rides and water rides like splash mountain are going to be fine etc... but what about the water parks, typhoon or blizzard, discovery etc.. has anyone else NOT taken them off and they have been fine. ( I understand I might have to take off for dolphin swim as I’ll be holding on the dolphin ) but in general water flumes and wave pools, snorkelling etc...

Thanks
Dave
Multi Sites Summer 2019
dgoodrid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Watch 3 is fully waterproof. I have used mine in discovery cove with the dolphins and even at depth during SeaVenture.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dgoodrid View Post
Hi,

I have an Apple Watch 3 (gps) version and was wanting to wear it all day everyday on holiday to count the steps etc... check my heart rate to see how crap scared I am on rides lol.

Now I know it’s water proof to a degree and normal rides and water rides like splash mountain are going to be fine etc... but what about the water parks, typhoon or blizzard, discovery etc.. has anyone else NOT taken them off and they have been fine. ( I understand I might have to take off for dolphin swim as I’ll be holding on the dolphin ) but in general water flumes and wave pools, snorkelling etc...

Thanks
Dave
I had my series 3 last time and officially it is only good for 30 minutes in water to depths of 1.5 metres. In my case I have kept it on for longer than that in water gone to depths of 3 metres and it still works. It can be used in salt water but for discovery cove it can’t be used in the dolphin as I was told to remove it. At the water parks it stayed on my wrist at all times on all the flumes, slides and wave pools with no issues.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
They 100% do allow you to wear them in with the dolphins. They just asked me if it was waterproof. This was three weeks ago.

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dgoodrid
Helping Minnie

thanks both, do u need to put it in water mode first or just let it do it by its self? had the watch over a year but never been in water with it, when been swimming i norm take it off, but might try it before we go in 3 weeks
Multi Sites Summer 2019
dgoodrid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I bought mine especially for swimming. It has a great swimming workout mode. But to answer your question no you don’t have to do anything with it before swimming.
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

You can put it on water mode if you want I never bothered though and it has never had any issues.

The last update is really good as it can tell what type of exercise your doing without you having to select it manually.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

All that water mode really does is pushes out water which collects in the speaker which may make sounds appear muffled. You can activate this after you come out of the water to get it to clear any muffling though. The only other thing it does is locks the screen.

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
The last update is really good as it can tell what type of exercise your doing without you having to select it manually.
I've had zero luck with this. In fact, I cannot get my series 4 to register cycling as exercise no matter what I do! Even if I set a cycling work out it will log about 2 minutes of exercise for every half hour of actual pedalling!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GoodWillHerding
Getting to know the DIBB

has anyone with a apple watch manually activated the workout for walking to track all the movements in 1 day (say at MK) or would the battery not be long enough to show this
Old 30 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

I've got a series 2 and I've often worn it in chlorinated water without a single problem, sometimes the water doesn't clear perfectly from the speaker but I just put it back into waterproof mode and back out to clear the speaker again.

Originally Posted by GoodWillHerding View Post
has anyone with a apple watch manually activated the workout for walking to track all the movements in 1 day (say at MK) or would the battery not be long enough to show this
Honestly I'd just leave it to track itself, it still reads your heart rate regularly and tracks your steps/active calorie burn, so although it doesn't show as a workout it knows you're doing it. I'd worry about the battery doing that.

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List