Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I never use them as you never know where the donations go and for some I imagine it’s a nice little money earner. I take all my charity donations to the charity shop directly.

I used to get a lot of these bags, but I don’t recall seeing any for ages. When I do, straight in the bin they go.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We use them as swing bin liners, havn't had to buy any for ages!
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We get a rush of them and then none for a while , my neighbour said his CCTV picked them up dropping bags off at midnight!

I use them for bin bags or shifting my dirty kit at work.

I only give to local charities , and as said before many of these are scams I know that someone had said on another site that they had seen people selling the clothes at Car boot sales with the bags discarded.

Charities for me a very divided and contraversial especially as the CEO of cancer research is paid £240K per year , Half of his wages would make a significant dent in research especially as a research scientist only gets £33k pa.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We don’t get any of these where I live! Perhaps our neighbourhood isn’t known for being charitable !

Now takeaway leaflets on the other hand ... perhaps that’s what our neighbourhood is most known for.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We get lots of these too.I never use them but donate to our charity shops by taking stuff in.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't use them as the only a small amount of money given to the charity rest is profit to the company.
We take ours to the charity shop. Although older clothes I did fill up in a bag for school scheme that DSs school did. Similar to these bags in that a company collects all the clothes and ships them off to other countries to sell and make a profit but gives school a fee per ton. School made £300 from the collection..
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We get loads through the letterbox, and I often look at the charity they are from, and some aren't charities at all!

My neighbours have in the past put stuff in the genuine charity bags (such as cancer research), only to see people stealing them and throwing them in the back of their vans (presumably from the dodgy charities).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We used to get them but not so much recently. I used them for taking garden waste to the tip and then put them in the plastic bag bin there.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I usually turn them inside out and use them to take stuff to our local children’s hospice shop where all our stuff gets sent, don’t tend to leave them at the door .

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yep ignore them too, I give to my local charity shop, I know the owner and he sells some but gives away some of it to needy families locally.

Funnily enough just going to load my car with a boot full to take up there tomorrow.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List