Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jul 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Yatesy
New Poster (3)

Mobile Go Pro selfie sticks etc in Disney

Hi all,
Just a quick question about WDW and universal. I’m going in August for the first time (yes very excited, more so than the kid! ) and I’m thinking of buying a Go Pro to take with us to catch some
Footage and I need a new camera anyway. I’ve seen a post that says you can’t take selfie sticks in, but wondered if the Go Pro shorty type tripod/extending pole was ok? Don’t want to turn up and not be allowed in with it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
👍👍
Yatesy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

i would assume not, since they’re the same concept and pose the same risk
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Nothing that extends. Get the GoPro non extending mini tripod which also acts as a handle, mine was about £11 on Amazon, perfect.

Here it is, £13:

amazon/GoPro-Tripo...s%2C148&sr=8-6

Edited at 10:20 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kem99
Trying for More Ears

Not long back from WDW and I saw 2 different people with the "Go Pro shorty type tripod/extending pole" thingies. I would have thought as they are very much like selfie sticks they would also be banned. Maybe they were just lucky and security never noticed them in their bags but I did a few years ago witness a girl getting her bag searched and told she wouldn't be allowed to enter with a selfie stick and she went and put it in the bin.
Also if you were allowed I would have thought all the Vloggers would have them.
Old 8 Jul 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kem99 View Post
Not long back from WDW and I saw 2 different people with the "Go Pro shorty type tripod/extending pole" thingies. I would have thought as they are very much like selfie sticks they would also be banned. Maybe they were just lucky and security never noticed them in their bags but I did a few years ago witness a girl getting her bag searched and told she wouldn't be allowed to enter with a selfie stick and she went and put it in the bin.
Also if you were allowed I would have thought all the Vloggers would have them.
They were lucky, I was going to get one myself until someone reported security had told them their only choice was lose the Shorty or take it back to the car. The rules do say no extending sticks.
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No handheld extending devices but you can take in tripods/monopods as long as they fit inside a backpack.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

The person in the park was lucky. I’ve seen one person have their pole confiscated in the park (must have been missed at bag check) and they had to go and collect it when leaving the park.

Standard fixed or floaty poles are fine though (as well as hand/wrist straps and chest harness if so inclined).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List