Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jul 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile Volcano bay

We are staying over at universal for one night and someone has mentioned using the early entry to volcano bay rather than US, they said they were in and out by 9.30am and could then still enjoy the park! What time can you go to VB? I had never thought of this.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s an hour prior to the usual park opening time on that day. The extra hours there are much more beneficial than in the other two parks. I’d say you can get a large portion of the park done in two hours provided you’re there for when the early hours start (as the first hour of actual park time is when people who aren’t universal guests come in but then sort out lockers etc. which can take ages outside of the early hours when there’s no queue for them).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

Last year early entry was 8am & we were on the aqua coaster by 8:15 which was a bit of a shock to the system.

It is well worth using your EPA at VB if you are planning to go to this park as you can be finished with most of it by mid morning.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
PACOOK
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

You can get in from 7:30. We were there for 7:20 last week, but it was worth it. We never needed a locker so literally threw towels down on lounger and straight onto coaster. Did everything several times. Very quiet. Started getting busier at 8:30 but still quiet enough to get on and off. We were out by 9:45. We went back to our hotel for shower and check out for 11 then into parks wirh our fast passes. I never planned on doing volcano bay this way but on advice did and was great. Fast Passes mean you don't need to rush to get to park unless you want to do Hagrids which we did on out first morning and were on and off by 9:15. We only stayed on site for the 1 night
PACOOK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

Is that the case for early September another post said they weren’t doing early hours in September and I think mentioned August
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im not sure VB is open so early in october! This is really confusing me
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wozwebs
Getting Excited

Good shout, we are stopping at the Royal Pacific next week and I had planned to check in then go straight to Universal for opening, back to hotel, grab swimming gear and head to Volcano Bay until closing then IOA early the next morning but better idea might be to check in hotel then straight to IOA first day then possibly US on evening then get up early at hotel with swimming gear on and head to Volcano Bay early doors after checking out?
wozwebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PACOOK View Post
You can get in from 7:30. We were there for 7:20 last week, but it was worth it. We never needed a locker so literally threw towels down on lounger and straight onto coaster. Did everything several times. Very quiet. Started getting busier at 8:30 but still quiet enough to get on and off. We were out by 9:45. We went back to our hotel for shower and check out for 11 then into parks wirh our fast passes. I never planned on doing volcano bay this way but on advice did and was great. Fast Passes mean you don't need to rush to get to park unless you want to do Hagrids which we did on out first morning and were on and off by 9:15. We only stayed on site for the 1 night
Thanks. This is really useful. We plan to do the same. I was thinking we'd need to spend until lunchtime in VB but sounds like we too could do it in a few hours.
What was your plan for hagrid the day before? What time did you arrive at IOA to start queuing? Or did you do early entry into US first?
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

We were thinking of doing this next May. I was going to do Hagrid first morning and then Volcano bay the second. Hoping we would be done by 11. We are staying in the Hard Rock.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shona View Post
Is that the case for early September another post said they weren’t doing early hours in September and I think mentioned August
After many people complained myself inc they reinstated eea for aug and sept i believs but deff aug x
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List