Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jul 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile Phone when on rides

What do you guys usually do with your phone?

Keep it in your pocket?

Leave it at the side of the ride to collect when you get off?

I think I have usually rammed mine in my pocket and have never lost or damaged one despite riding the fastest rides. However phones are bigger these days than even a few years back.

Just wondered what most of you do?
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Mine is in my bumbag

Edited at 07:24 PM.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Keep it in my bag.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Keep it in my bag.
Do you leave the bag to the side of the ride? Then collect when getting off?
Bobby_1970 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

What sort of rides are you referring to specifically? A huge number of rides in many of the Florida parks - especially the Disney parks - allow you to take bags on. The phone will be fine in your bag or your pocket for these. For many of the bigger coasters - especially those at Universal - there is a "no loose articles" rule. For these rides there are free lockers provided to leave your phone and other items. For coasters where this isn't the case I'd probably carry a phone in a zipped pocket or personal item belt (like a running belt or money belt).

The one thing I'd never do is leave a phone at the side. Even if it wasn't taken with malicious intent, just far too much risk of it going missing.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
I can’t think of any rides where you leave your bag at the side. There is almost always a net to put it in or it goes by your feet

Universal have some lockers that you have to use before you enter the queue.

Edited at 07:22 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
What sort of rides are you referring to specifically? A huge number of rides in many of the Florida parks - especially the Disney parks - allow you to take bags on. The phone will be fine in your bag or your pocket for these. For many of the bigger coasters - especially those at Universal - there is a "no loose articles" rule. For these rides there are free lockers provided to leave your phone and other items. For coasters where this isn't the case I'd probably carry a phone in a zipped pocket or personal item belt (like a running belt or money belt).

The one thing I'd never do is leave a phone at the side. Even if it wasn't taken with malicious intent, just far too much risk of it going missing.
I'm thinking of something like "The Hulk" I guess as this is one of the more violent rides.

I don't recall the lockers when we last went and in general I stuffed my phone in my pocket and have never had an issue.

At some parks here in the UK there are areas just next to the ride, at the side you disembark, for you to leave a bag.
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Can't think of a ride at WDW that doesn't allow bags on rides, so my phone goes into my bag (that is closed with either a zip or a secure drawstring so things won't come out of it during the ride). Bag then goes at my feet or in the bag that is on some ride vehicles.

At Universal with rides like the Hulk, Forbidden Journey, etc that have lockers - my phone goes into the locker.

I'd be extremely wary of leaving small valuables at the side of the ride - too much risk that it could go missing!
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobby_1970

Mobile

Also, are you able to use a GoPro type camera as long as it's secured via a strap or lanyard to your wrist?
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bobby_1970 View Post
No. I keep my bag with me.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List