Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 24, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Couldn't agree more with op's view
Pep is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 24, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
In summary - is the magic still there? Yes, I think it is, albeit probably a watered down magic.
The general pricing within the parks have reached a point that we’ve just said no more. On this visit we purchased next to no merchandise, meals or snacks so Disney have lost our business in that aspect.
Will we continue to visit? Yes. Without a doubt, and hopefully for many years to come.

OP. Couldn't have put it any better. Well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 24, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Your very last statement is very much subjective.

I haven't seen the latest stuff that has opened at Epcot but I would argue that the changes to the front entrance section of Epcot and the removal of those concrete "tombstones" as you entered is definitely an improvement, as is the addition of the GOTG and Ratatouille rides plus Space220, the new Moana water feature, and several other changes made during the work done at Epcot over the last 4 years. All of those were done as part of "sorting" Epcot, not just the very recent changes that opened in December (which were only really a small part of the work).

You make good points. I wasn't really considering the GotG ride or the Ratatoullie ride as they had zero impact on the mess in the middle of the park.

Is it an improvement? Well was an improvement when all the walls came down, but I can't say I liked the new area with the statue better than the Fountain of Nations. The Connections Cafe is awful, like a school canteen with no charm at all. Moana was good for the kids.

The section in the middle hasn't really improved the park IMO, and certainly not anything to the extent you would expect after so many years of construction.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 24, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
You make good points. I wasn't really considering the GotG ride or the Ratatoullie ride as they had zero impact on the mess in the middle of the park.
Yes, they are not in the middle of the park. But the improvements announced about 5+ years ago and made over the last ~4 years didn't just include the bit in the middle of the park. They didn't spend all their time and effort just on the middle of the park.

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
Is it an improvement? Well was an improvement when all the walls came down, but I can't say I liked the new area with the statue better than the Fountain of Nations. The Connections Cafe is awful, like a school canteen with no charm at all. Moana was good for the kids.
I agree that's its a pity we had to lose the Fountain of Nations and I don't think what's replaced it is anything better. Though that's a subjective opinion.

As for the Connections Cafe, I do think that's better than the old Electric Umbrella, which was getting a bit dark and dreary - and just as much like a school canteen as Connections Cafe is. When catering to thousands of guests it's always going to have something of a canteen feel to it due to the sheer numbers of people and the fact that there's really only two QS places in the Future World section of Epcot where all those people can eat at.

However, I did like the name Electric Umbrella more than the name Connections Cafe.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List