Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Dec 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Just to warn you they cost more than economy seats do to pre-book. I'm very lucky, as I don't have to pay due to medical reasons, but I was shocked at the cost.
Yes and the price varies from seat to seat. Last time I went, 3 years ago, there was a flat charge but this time charges ranged from £75 to £110. I couldn't see much difference between any of those seats so I waited until OLCI and was happy with what I was given.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

See I am that person who would worry about not being sat together and pay the prices. Especially as this is a special occasion. I’ve only not paid for seats with ba long haul once , in October there, and we did get great seats. Was in economy. I think as this trip means a lot and we are only paying the taxes I would probably pay, but yes, it’s very expensive. Will need to see.

Edited to add that I shouldn’t have told my dh the cost to pre book seats, will be taking what they give us as he refuses to pay more than £20 each... I guess he is right though.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Prebooking in Club is insanely expensive.

We've always just done it as soon as check-in opens. We've always got 2 together. We prefer a middle pair as its like your own little private cabin in there. If we ever didn't get it then there are usually enough solo travellers who hopefully wouldn't mind switching. There's very little penalty to switching in Club as all seats are basically the same (apart from Window seats I suppose).

Although last time the person whose feet I had to step over thought it acceptable to take off his shoes AND SOCKS and then have his disgusting feet poking into my area. I soon flicked them away with a duvet.

Given you have bronze and can do it at 7 days you'll be fine I think.
Old 11 Dec 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Prebooking in Club is insanely expensive.

We've always just done it as soon as check-in opens. We've always got 2 together. We prefer a middle pair as its like your own little private cabin in there. If we ever didn't get it then there are usually enough solo travellers who hopefully wouldn't mind switching. There's very little penalty to switching in Club as all seats are basically the same (apart from Window seats I suppose).

Although last time the person whose feet I had to step over thought it acceptable to take off his shoes AND SOCKS and then have his disgusting feet poking into my area. I soon flicked them away with a duvet.

Given you have bronze and can do it at 7 days you'll be fine I think.
You are right it does seem very expensive. As we have always maintained silver or above I have never paid, we probably would as my husband is a window seat obsessive, I like an aisle but it doesnt have to be next to him, we can manage to sit apart quite happily.

I am at present going to be 20 points short this year of maintaining silver so we may have to just be happy with husbands or maybe we will do a weekend break somewhere.

Last year my husband was 20 points short but got silver reinstated anyway without asking.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List