Old 9 Sep 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Kyoto Day 2

We had brunch at a shopping centre before heading out to explore some more. I had tuna sashimi that came with rice, pickled vegetables and yams. Probably the most unusual brunch I've ever had. Green tea was served for free in many places

We went to see all the cherry blossoms as it was a lovely sunny day.

Our hotel had some nice restaurants so we decided to try one that evening. I had a set 3 course menu... it was interesting but very delicious. The starter was unusual but I liked the fish main and desserts. The dessert was strawberry cheesecake and matcha sorbet.

Tried lots of new foods on this day
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Your starter looks interesting! Was it some sort of seafood? It looks like a cross between a prawn and a squid. The sweet looks delish.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Your starter looks interesting! Was it some sort of seafood? It looks like a cross between a prawn and a squid. The sweet looks delish.
Yes - I think it was a baby squid but I'm not 100% sure as the menu was in Japanese and Google Translate wasn't always accurate.
Current trip report:

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
We flew to Japan and back with Korean Air

Heathrow London - Seoul South Korea - Narita Tokyo Japan

The service on the planes was great and the in flight entertainment system was all included in the price. All food and drink was included too. Tickets were £900 return journey for economy class.

I forgot to take photos of the airline food - so I found these on their website.

On the way there, I had a beef noodle dish. This was nice.

We also we given a sandwich as the second food service.

On the way back, a traditional Korean dish was served. We were all really tired and couldn't quite stomach this. There was a seaweed style soup that smells so fishy.

However, later on in the flight we were served a pizza baguette which was nice.

All flights were on time and service was excellent.

That completes our Japan trip... now onto Florida
Current trip report:

Old 15 Sep 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Florida August 2019 Trip

Me (Bella), Mum and Dad went to Florida for a week.

The start of our holiday was a disaster We set off with Thomas Cook on the 09/08, however after 2 hours in the air, we had to fly back to Manchester due to a technical issue. The flight was rescheduled for the next day, of which all went well, apart from being delayed further. Unfortunately we had a bad experience with Thomas Cook - we had rude service, bad food and delays. The staff were frustrated but were taking it out on the customers. Also, the coach that was supposed to pick us up from the hotel to take us back to the airport the next morning never showed up. I know that some people have had really good experiences with Thomas Cook, but this trip has really put us off flying with them again.

We have previously flown with British Airways, Virgin and TUI and I would recommend them.

On a more positive note, we arrived safely on 10/08 and checked into the Country Inn and Suites on Universal Boulevard. The hotel is cheap and cheerful, but we found it good value for money. The rooms were big and clean, although old fashioned, and breakfast is included with your stay.

View from my room - You could see the Orlando Eye and Starflyer.

After unpacking and showering, we were very tired and decided to walk to BJ's Brewhouse for some food. We just ordered some appetisers to share
- Tuna Ahi
- Chicken Flatbread
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Chips
- Boneless Buffalo Wings

The food was really good and service was great. We had never been here before so glad we tried it!

Current trip report:

Old 17 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Florida Day 1

Animal Kingdom

We skipped breakfast as we got to the park for 8am so we could get straight on Flight of Passage.

We had the cheeseburger pods from Satu'li Canteen in Pandora. These were on the children's menu but we loved them!

We had a really successful day and managed to ride all the attractions and watched the Lion King show. We had FPs for Na'vi River Journey, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. We then refreshed the app and got one for Kilimanjaro Safari

Lunch was at Flame Tree Barbeque - Pulled Pork Cheese Fries. These are my favourite!

We finished in Animal Kingdom about 4 and headed to Disney Springs for an hour. I bought a Rice Krispy Treat from Goofy's Candy Co.

After a quick change back at the hotel, we headed for Dinner at Millers Ale House on International Drive. Dad and I shared the Tex Chicken Nachos. They were huge!
Current trip report:

Old 17 Sep 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Nachos look good, plenty of topping on them.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Great report, fab food in Japan. Looking forward to seeing your Orlando eats
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

The nachos look good. . I had heard good things about Satu’li Canteen and the cheeseburger pods but I thought they were awful and found no sign of cheese! DH managed to eat them only because he covered then in ketchup and mustard.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
The nachos look good. . I had heard good things about Satu’li Canteen and the cheeseburger pods but I thought they were awful and found no sign of cheese! DH managed to eat them only because he covered then in ketchup and mustard.
Aw no that's a shame We actually really enjoyed them, although I also did dip mine in ketchup
Current trip report: