Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
spikeybee
Helping Mickey

I was due to fly on the 24/7 and return on the 8/8, booked with netflights, flying with aer lingus. They never even told us that our flights had been cancelled, I contacted them on the phone, and filled the form out on their website for a refund. Having been on hold for over 90 minutes I was told that the refund would take 90 to 120 days. I was not happy with that, so on the 31/7 I contacted them through twitter, and was told again it would take 90 to 120 days for the refund. So I asked when was my refund request made to the airline, the reply was that they did not have that information. Ok I said, are you going to keep me updated on my refund, the reply was as soon as they hear something they will let me know.
So I left it one week, on the 7/8 I got in touch again with them, a simple question I would like an updated on my refund. Their reply, they have checked and my request it is still with the airline, but are due a list of refunds on Monday afternoon, please get back in touch with them on Monday.
So today I sent them another message, please look if my refund has come through. Their reply yes good news, they have received my payment back, and this should be processed today so should have the funds in my account in 3-7 working days.
So the moral of this is, don’t use the the phone, and waste hours on hold, join Twitter, like I did and keep in touch with that way.
spikeybee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

I finally got my refund back from Netflights last week after months of arguing with them. Although I got it back earlier than expected( was probably looking at the end of November) they agreed to give me it back before Virgin had refunded them.
Bottom line for me was that they argued they were following Virgins policies with regards to options and refunds. When I pointed out that Virgins website ( their home page at that!) were contradicting what they were telling me, Netflights immediately offered a refund within 24 hours.
My advice? Continuous contact via Twitter, Facebook and e-mails and never wait for them to be proactive because they are not. Chase them at all times
Old 12 Aug 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
I finally got my refund back from Netflights last week after months of arguing with them. Although I got it back earlier than expected( was probably looking at the end of November) they agreed to give me it back before Virgin had refunded them.
Bottom line for me was that they argued they were following Virgins policies with regards to options and refunds. When I pointed out that Virgins website ( their home page at that!) were contradicting what they were telling me, Netflights immediately offered a refund within 24 hours.
My advice? Continuous contact via Twitter, Facebook and e-mails and never wait for them to be proactive because they are not. Chase them at all times
What exactly did you say? I’ve been trying to get refund since start of may but getting nowhere with them. Have contacted via email and twitter numerous times and keep getting told they haven’t received it yet so can’t give it to me!
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by irvin38a View Post
What exactly did you say? I’ve been trying to get refund since start of may but getting nowhere with them. Have contacted via email and twitter numerous times and keep getting told they haven’t received it yet so can’t give it to me!
Initially Virgin cancelled my return flight and moved me to an earlier one. I contacted Virgin who informed me in writing that I was entitled to either accept the change, move to an open ticket or a full refund. I provided this information to Netflights who informed me that Virgin had said no to this. I asked them to provide me proof of this(I'm still waiting!)
So after much argument(I wasn't going away) my case was put in the hands of a manager.
In the meantime my flights were completely cancelled. When I pointed out that their employee was not following the Covid-19 element on Virgins Homepage (I even directed him to it) he contacted me within 24 hours offering a refund.
The only reason I believe I got it so early was down to the fact that they had not been following policies clearly laid down.
The key is getting a named contact which I got by sending them a direct message to them via Twitter who then got someone to contact me direct.
Best of luck
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Initially Virgin cancelled my return flight and moved me to an earlier one. I contacted Virgin who informed me in writing that I was entitled to either accept the change, move to an open ticket or a full refund. I provided this information to Netflights who informed me that Virgin had said no to this. I asked them to provide me proof of this(I'm still waiting!)
So after much argument(I wasn't going away) my case was put in the hands of a manager.
In the meantime my flights were completely cancelled. When I pointed out that their employee was not following the Covid-19 element on Virgins Homepage (I even directed him to it) he contacted me within 24 hours offering a refund.
The only reason I believe I got it so early was down to the fact that they had not been following policies clearly laid down.
The key is getting a named contact which I got by sending them a direct message to them via Twitter who then got someone to contact me direct.
Best of luck
Still struggling to get anywhere. Have emailed, tweeted, private measaged and still being told to wait it out. Won’t tell me when they sent refund request either. Have opened a dispute with Tesco credit card about 6 weeks ago and heard nothing from them either.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List