Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 25 Dec 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
My 2 are 21 and 17 but they both get a sack of presents from Father Christmas. All the other presents under the tree are from everyone else (including us).

#believe

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
IMO it eliminates a long list of potential issues.
I am intrigued to what these might be?

Ours write a letter to Father Christmas with anything at all that they would like on it. If they're lucky they'll get something from the list, or he might get them something else. Everything is from Father Christmas (secretly from us, shhh) on Christmas morning. Other friends/relatives gifts are under the tree and opened after lunch.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by archibald View Post

Ours write a letter to Father Christmas with anything at all that they would like on it. If they're lucky they'll get something from the list, or he might get them something else. Everything is from Father Christmas (secretly from us, shhh) on Christmas morning. Other friends/relatives gifts are under the tree and opened after lunch.
I have the letters my kids wrote over the years
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Santa delivers the presents, which are from Mum, Dad etc.
Same here- cannot get it through to my MIL that the presents do not appear until the kids are in bed on Christmas Eve- they are 17 and 15 now so it does not matter too much but I like to keep the tradition going x

Edited at 02:01 AM.
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Santa delivers a sack of pressies. Christams tree pressies come from the people who gave them and come off the tree
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Santa delivers a sack to the room, all main/other presents under the tree are from mum, dad & family/friends.
No presents are put under the tree until we go to bed.
Mine are 25 & 18. The 25 year old lives out, but I still the same with the 18 year old. 😁
And he still humours me by placing a mince pie, carrot and drink out by his bed. 😁😁

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post

How come other children get more expensive presents than I did?

Why didn't he magically know I changed my mind at the last minute (a friend had this one year)

Why did my friend get hardly anything even though they were good?

Plus the simple logistics of keeping purchases secret and then hidden in the house.

Saying parents buy them but Father Christmas delivers solves some of these but I had never heard that idea growing up.
DonnaD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

It’s a good question to ask - I didn’t give it much thought when my eldest was small, and just did what we’d always done when I was little - Father Christmas arrived in the night with all of my presents in a sack (that my parents had bought) and then I had presents from relatives under the tree. I never once questioned it, and I doubt my youngest son would either.

But this didn’t work with my eldest - when he was about three he asked why mummy and daddy hadn’t brought anything! Smart move as since then I’ve done both the sack and then separate presents from his dad and I! Became very expensive! Wish I’d done the small stocking from Father Christmas thing now!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Santa delivers stocking presents only. Small things only, not iPads or bikes! All other gifts are labelled and are from whoever gave them including Mum and Dad. We have presents under our tree for a week before Christmas if family have called over to exchange. And thank you cards should always be sent if you receive! Teaches giving and to be thankful

Edited at 08:34 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I like the idea that Father Christmas brings the stocking gifts and the others are from parents relatives etc.
When mine were little, FC brought all the gifts but Mum and Dad sent him some money but I read something the other day about children going back to school and saying what FC had brought them which could be a from a bike to a small toy. The poster was saying to make the gift from FC the small gift so that children without financially wouldn’t be wondering what they had done to get a small gift when FC had brought someone else a bike or computer etc.
If mine were young I think I would be using this idea.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List